Clyde v Berwick

Pass marks for Gibson? Holy shit! Flapped at corners far too often. In one case it was only him falling over on top of the ball after flapping at it that prevented a Berwick player from getting a shot away. We were spoiled last season with Alan Martin.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor performance from us today and a rotten game. We created very little but did have the ball in the net twice with one disallowed for off side.

Struggling to give anyone pass marks today apart from Smith. It was heart in the mouth stuff every time Gibson came off his line. He completely missed several punches.

Midfield was nonexistent and we should have made changes much earlier in the second half instead of continuing with the hoof ball.

have to say Gibson pass marks if that's him even remotely compotent then god help us he is a total bomb scare lucky if he caught two crosses all day main problem is scoring I thought we played ok first half but if you don't put chances away then you don't win games

It is about time Ferguson brought in another keeper, Gibson will not do at all, the guy must be about 6/4, built like a brick sh1thouse yet he cannot command his area, time and again he comes out flapping at cross balls. I don't know if it is a confidence thing with him or not but if he doesn't sort himself out quickly he is going to cost us avoidable goals. Don't know how anyone can claim his performance today was passable, my heart was is in my mouth everytime the ball went near him.

If the rest of the team were doing their jobs properly, or, more correctly, knew what they were supposed to be doing, we wouldn't have to worry so much about the 'keeper.

Whatever Ferguson's tactics are supposed to be, we are playing far too deep and not getting forward quickly enough or in sufficient numbers.

As a result we are under far to much pressure at the back.

I have no axe to grind with Ferguson as a person, but no one will ever persuade me that he is, or ever will be, a good manager.

rnlhm.jpg

Surely there's no denying he's a big lad both in height and build. He's a decent shot stopper at this level and his distribution is often very good, however he spends too long looking at who's around him when he comes to take a ball. He should keep his eye on the ball and take the impetus to catch or punch it. It's almost as if he's surprised when he holds onto the thing. Sort out that and I think we have a good keeper, don't sort it and I fear that although he may produce some big saves, he may cost us a few cheap goals as well.

Interesting that a Clyde fan says he'd be happy for us to say they're the worst we've played, because I could say the exact same thing back.

Why bother playing out of defence if you're going to dribble out to the half way line and play a diagonal straight to Clyde every time? Fairbairn had quite possibly his worst game in a Berwick top yesterday - a repeat offender for the above. Same thing over and again, struggled to meet anything cleanly in the air all afternoon and was one of the many defenders who failed on about three opportunities to get out and pressure Clyde attackers during the buildup to their goal. He must improve.

Coultress saved that game for us, though Hendo deserves credit for a well taken finish, too. He may well be prone to going missing but his assist was excellent and a start must be due. What Cameron was doing giving Hogg a full debut out on the wing, I've not a clue. Square pegs into round holes - speaking of which - Lavery was absolutely wasted in behind the striker. Id said I wanted the 4-2-3-1 of St Mirren to return but I think it's almost entirely dependent on McKenna, who is another player wasted out wide IMO, playing the #10 role.

Man of the match for me yesterday was Walker who had his best game as a Ger so far, made a couple of key saves to keep it in our grasps. Clyde were poor but our goal was the only move I can remember us putting together down a flank, everything else was route one shite.

It's a point away from home against a side who so far have a good record but in honesty I think we were lucky. Its something to build on but if we are to do that, there needs to be a lot of improvement.

Went along to the game today ,and really dissapointed with the front players higgins is a good player and thought he would be top scorer in this league your goalkeeper is poor although he has his moments campbell and gormley not up to it talkin to an old fella today and he tells me gormley goin back to juniors with rob roy his destination give the boy a chance a i thought but no real harm done with point

Interesting that a Clyde fan says he'd be happy for us to say they're the worst we've played, because I could say the exact same thing back.

Why bother playing out of defence if you're going to dribble out to the half way line and play a diagonal straight to Clyde every time? Fairbairn had quite possibly his worst game in a Berwick top yesterday - a repeat offender for the above. Same thing over and again, struggled to meet anything cleanly in the air all afternoon and was one of the many defenders who failed on about three opportunities to get out and pressure Clyde attackers during the buildup to their goal. He must improve.

Coultress saved that game for us, though Hendo deserves credit for a well taken finish, too. He may well be prone to going missing but his assist was excellent and a start must be due. What Cameron was doing giving Hogg a full debut out on the wing, I've not a clue. Square pegs into round holes - speaking of which - Lavery was absolutely wasted in behind the striker. Id said I wanted the 4-2-3-1 of St Mirren to return but I think it's almost entirely dependent on McKenna, who is another player wasted out wide IMO, playing the #10 role.

Man of the match for me yesterday was Walker who had his best game as a Ger so far, made a couple of key saves to keep it in our grasps. Clyde were poor but our goal was the only move I can remember us putting together down a flank, everything else was route one shite.

It's a point away from home against a side who so far have a good record but in honesty I think we were lucky. Its something to build on but if we are to do that, there needs to be a lot of improvement.

Just heard that our part-time part-timer, Ross Graham, was centre-half. I assumed it was Notman.

Good to see we have another option there.

Archived