Who Will Be Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager?

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who Will Be Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager?

next Temporary manager ye mean !

How many club these days have permanent managers? De ye really think Derek McInnes will still be at Pittodrie in 10 years time?

His club are now saying we will have to wait until their season is finished before we'll even be allowed to talk to Valakari. Given that their season doesn't end until the 25th of October, that's surely going to rule Simo out?

Unless the club are certain that he's the best candidate by an absolute mile then I'd have to agree. Then again, I don't know who the other applicants are, so maybe he is.

Given the chat when Baraclough was moved on was that we were looking to get someone in fairly quickly then waiting over a month before we can even officially speak to his club seems unlikely. Beyond that you've got SJK fairly categorically pointing out that he's got another 2 years on his deal so you'd think that unless he's got some sort of release clause in his contract that we'd be looking at having to pay some sort of compensation.

By all accounts I'd say that the narrative around the extent of our interest is largely being driven by Rudi Vata here. Which isn't to say we're not interested but given the amount you're seeing Simo's name being mentioned then it definitely seems like it's his agent co-ordinating it to get his name about.

Given the way the club like to operate I would think they'd be fairly happy with the whole Valakari story, to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if the club 'leaked' it themselves as a smokescreen.

I mean interviews were meant to start this week, it's Wednesday and we haven't a clue who if anybody the club have spoken to as the press continue to chase their tails with a Valakari story which has no real substance other than he apparently expressed an interest in the job.

Absolutely, given the way we've appointed in the past it's never been the odds on favourite that's we've ended up going for. I think the whole Valakari sideshow would prove useful to them. The reason that I mentioned Vata driving the narrative is largely off the back of Simo's application being revealed by him and other mentions from him linking his client to the job. Usually if you've got someone doing that then it's unlikely he's in the running, see also Kenny Sheils weird interview for the job on Radio Scotland.

As it stands with Simo we'd be looking at a young, fairly inexperienced coach who's currently working in Finland with 2 years on his contract at a pretty well resourced club who we can't officially speak to until the end of October. Beyond the fact he played for us nearly 20 years ago and is doing well at his current club he doesn't seem like a logical appointment given where we are at the moment.

Mixu set to SNUB both United AND Motherwell and target a move down south. So says a piece on HITC Sport with no quotes that actually suggest this but still #ITK.

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/652071971115679744

Reads like he knows full well he's getting neither job, so he's had his agent let it be known he had no real interest in either job anyway as he already has huge things down south in the pipeline.

IMHO

Reads like he knows full well he's getting neither job, so he's had his agent let it be known he had no real interest in either job anyway as he already has huge things down south in the pipeline.

IMHO

That was pretty much my reading of it as well. Thought there could be an element of him/his agent trying it on to see if either club will blink first, "Appoint me now, I've totally got other options you know."

Yet they can still technically qualify? Harsh.

Well they've won both their games since he was binned so the fact they can still qualify is probably more down to that than anything...

Edit: At the point he left Finland were 2nd bottom of their group, 7 points off 3rd place and 13 points off automatic qualification in 2nd.

Archived