Brechin City v Cowdenbeath

Correct.

As a wee aside, is that your regular keeper? He looked very young and a bit timid . Made a few vital saves but messed up a bit at both goals.

We signed Andrews in the summer and he wasn't very good so got released at end of window. Young keeper got promoted to first team keeper and has done reasonably well, an improvement on Andrews anyway.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct.

As a wee aside, is that your regular keeper? He looked very young and a bit timid . Made a few vital saves but messed up a bit at both goals.

Jamie is our youth keeper whom has been promoted due to not being able to get a keeper in. The lad that started the season has gone ( ask Berwick fans ). He is not the tallest, but is a decent shot stopper, but as I stated earlier in this thread, he is going to make mistakes. If he survives this season then he might just become a decent keeper.

Correct.

Only 18 i think but looks decent. Like you say he made a few saves but when he decides to come at both goals he has to deal with it. First howlers he's made for us and will hopefully learn from it.

Correct.

As others have said he just got a start after Andrews left. Just turned 18 a fortnight ago and yesterday was only his 3rd start (he also came on as a sub against the Pars in the League Cup after Andrews was sent off). The 2 goals are the first real mistakes the lad has made playing well in the other games. He's young and I'm sure he will learn from yesterday.

This being a football forum, I'll stick to my tried and tested method of reading most threads, occasionally commenting.

Obviously disciplines an issue, fitness and team selection not a strong point.

Wee Colin could be getting a P45 for christmas.

I believe Nishy is taller than you. How tall are you then?

Sounds like you already have P45 even though I have never seen it :P

Yes we heard the lino say clean tackle. That was what infuriated the home fans.

Also the booking after our 2nd goal seemed a bit harsh too. We have seen players running up the wee slope behind the goal to celebrate with away fans in the stand with no punishment . I know they are following the letter of the law but at games at our level where players are mostly playing for the love of the game , surely a wee bit of leeway can be given ??? It was Tiffoney's first goal for the club ........as our captain pointed out to the ref. But no , the wee hitlers have to have the final say.

Infuriated because the lino was correct?

The problem i have with that booking is the inconsistency of it. On another day nothing will be given. As it's actually supposed to be given according to the laws not sure how you can complain though but i wish all refs applied things like celebrations, time wasting, kickkng the ball away etc. consistently and we wouldn't moan about them as much.

As others have said he just got a start after Andrews left. Just turned 18 a fortnight ago and yesterday was only his 3rd start (he also came on as a sub against the Pars in the League Cup after Andrews was sent off). The 2 goals are the first real mistakes the lad has made playing well in the other games. He's young and I'm sure he will learn from yesterday.

Only 18 i think but looks decent. Like you say he made a few saves but when he decides to come at both goals he has to deal with it. First howlers he's made for us and will hopefully learn from it.

Jamie is our youth keeper whom has been promoted due to not being able to get a keeper in. The lad that started the season has gone ( ask Berwick fans ). He is not the tallest, but is a decent shot stopper, but as I stated earlier in this thread, he is going to make mistakes. If he survives this season then he might just become a decent keeper.

We signed Andrews in the summer and he wasn't very good so got released at end of window. Young keeper got promoted to first team keeper and has done reasonably well, an improvement on Andrews anyway.

Fair play to the lad . Hope he is given a chance to make the grade.

Infuriated because the lino was correct?

The problem i have with that booking is the inconsistency of it. On another day nothing will be given. As it's actually supposed to be given according to the laws not sure how you can complain though but i wish all refs applied things like celebrations, time wasting, kickkng the ball away etc. consistently and we wouldn't moan about them as much.

Obviously we thought he got it wrong , that is why we were infuriated and will beg to differ.

Good to see Bates get on the score sheet. Said it when he initially signed for Brechin on loan, but he didn't look out of place when playing for us. Another one who could well progress from our youth team.

Also, thanks for Ray McKinnon!

Was he the ginger lad at the back? Won everything in the air yesterday and looked good. Shame Scullion didn't notice he was dominant and stop hoofing it long.

Archived