Forfar Athletic v Stranraer

Need to get back to winning ways with 3 points at home.

I can see wholesale changes after last week's performance so not even going to attempt to predict the line up.

Stranraer have had a pretty poor start to the season so hopefully that continues.

Would never happen but I would go.

Gallacher

Travis

Nicoll

TOB

Kennedy

Young (if fit)

Hodge

Foxy

Hay

Allan

Swankie

We have a particularly good record at home to Stranraer so hopefully last week is forgotten about and we can get back to winning ways, if we could get 3 points from this then it is still a very decent start to the season.

Swankie is not a captain. No fight , sulking , no leadership . Badly missing Douglas shouting at the team and organising from the back.

No leadership on the park , playing Derek young up front to start with was another weird one when there's 3 strikers on the bench and smith should not be starting in front of hay.

Swankie is not a captain. No fight , sulking , no leadership . Badly missing Douglas shouting at the team and organising from the back.

No leadership on the park , playing Derek young up front to start with was another weird one when there's 3 strikers on the bench and smith should not be starting in front of hay.

Spot on

Guest bernardblack

Really strange team selection. No Lewis, Baxter etc.

Dick clearly had his favourites and as much as it pains me to say it, we are better without Swankie.

Oh dear ! How fortunes change in fitba !!! :thumsup2

Cant agree at all. The biggest problem is the lack of a dedicated striker. Swankie is not a goalscorer, he is a feeder. Sanny is not a goalscorer, not any more, but he is doing a fantastic job distributing the ball on the edge of the box to who ? Same as Kerr Hay, who is not a hitman, but does a great job putting the ball across, likewise Danny Denholm. Until we get a proper centre forward, to use the old term, we are going nowhere. Today was a repeat of last week, and its got to stop. Thats all there is to it.

Cant agree at all. The biggest problem is the lack of a dedicated striker. Swankie is not a goalscorer, he is a feeder. Sanny is not a goalscorer, not any more, but he is doing a fantastic job distributing the ball on the edge of the box to who ? Same as Kerr Hay, who is not a hitman, but does a great job putting the ball across, likewise Danny Denholm. Until we get a proper centre forward, to use the old term, we are going nowhere. Today was a repeat of last week, and its got to stop. Thats all there is to it.

Are you on the glue again ?

If we have so many feeders and creators in the team how come we created next to f**k all yesterday apart from the opening 10 minutes ?

Looking at the team sheets before the start,thought we were in for a long day with Forfar fielding a lot of experienced players at this level,but apart from early doors we did fine,couldn't believe how the loons didn't throw the kitchen sink at us in the last 10,our confidence wasn't that great before the game but maybe just maybe we will kick on from this.I thought it was great to see 2 kids from the under 20s on our bench,just love that approach from managers.Just a question for Forfar fans,looking at the ages of managers in this league,do you think the Campbell's are approaching the end of their tenure,watching Pinks interview after the game he looked as though he couldn't be bothered,or his he like this after every defeat,they certainly don't need the money and in their early sixties I reckon this might be their last season,I know they love the game but surely they must know when time is up,I reckon Dick could get a gig on the radio no probs,interested to know what the Forfar fans think.

If we have so many feeders and creators in the team how come we created next to f**k all yesterday apart from the opening 10 minutes ?

True but if we had a proper striker then we would likely have been a couple of goals up after 10 minutes and the whole game is different.

Looking at the team sheets before the start,thought we were in for a long day with Forfar fielding a lot of experienced players at this level,but apart from early doors we did fine,couldn't believe how the loons didn't throw the kitchen sink at us in the last 10,our confidence wasn't that great before the game but maybe just maybe we will kick on from this.I thought it was great to see 2 kids from the under 20s on our bench,just love that approach from managers.Just a question for Forfar fans,looking at the ages of managers in this league,do you think the Campbell's are approaching the end of their tenure,watching Pinks interview after the game he looked as though he couldn't be bothered,or his he like this after every defeat,they certainly don't need the money and in their early sixties I reckon this might be their last season,I know they love the game but surely they must know when time is up,I reckon Dick could get a gig on the radio no probs,interested to know what the Forfar fans think.

I don't attend games but if we are doing well Dick is the main man messiah.Doing badly and he's a must go dinosaur. Its volatile to say the least.I think your correct that he'd be good for a pundit tv gig.Almost a characiture but real.

Barring a health problem or a horrific run of form (and even then I'm not convinced) think Dick will still be our manager for a couple of seasons yet. Suspect replacement when it does come would be Petrie or Sellars.

Archived