How do you listen?

gavin_3110

Just wondering how everyone listens to their music?

Do you download music, use spotify etc, or do you still buy CD's, Vinyl and so on.

Do you listen

For me, I rarely pay to download MP3s I much prefer having the physical copy, usually on CD. I do use spotify at work and on my phone though. I've got a NAS drive at home full of music that I stream to one of these wee beasties which has been a great buy. QED UPlay

I'm not at all knowledgeable about Hi-Fi equipment, so my system is a bit of a mish-mash of different manufacturers but sounds great to my ears and has cost peanuts compared to what some people I know have spent on equipment...

Sony TA-FE570 Amplifier, £30 at a car boot sale.

Monitor Audio 14 speakers from the early 90's.

Sony CDP-S1, the CD player from one of Sony's 90's "La Scala" separates systems.

Pioneer Turntable, I forget the model number.

I've had various amplifiers but I really like the sound of the Sony and at £30 it was an absolute bargain, bought it because it was cheap but have stuck with it and have no plans to change anytime soon! I've got an Onkyo AV receiver in my living room, but it sounds rotten when listening to stereo music.

I have thousands of songs on a laptop that I obtained semi-legally from a Russian MP3 site which was accidentally giving them away free. It was one of P & B's greatest moments when that was shared on here.

Nowadays if I want something new I tend to just buy it from I-Tunes.

In the house I listen via Sonos which is fantastic. In the car I usually listen to Radio Scotland but if I want music I dock the iPod in.

I uploaded all my CDS to Google music a couple of years ago and flogged off the discs. I was paying for their premium service which is basically like spotify.

Earlier this year, I switched to Spotify when I bought a new amp that you could stream it directly to (it didnt cost £30!)

I dont really like the Spotify interface, though, so I might switch back to Google - although the kids also use my spotify account, so Id end up having to pay for that too <_<

I was hoping that the new car would have a music streaming app but it doesnt, so I can use whatever I like on the phone and bluetooth it when in the car

I-tunes for me. I know spotify etc is a much cheaper way to listen but if I really like an artist I'd rather feel like I was directly putting a few quid in their pocket and buying their album/track. Got a cordless Sonos thing at home so it streams music wirelessly from phone and my car is all bluetoothed up so streams music from phone too. Usually got a couple of CDs in car in case of any phone disasters.

Sold my Technics 1200s and most valuable vinyl few years ago because I've been listening to mp3s since 2002.

Being bit lazy and using Bose Bluetooth speaker which was bit pricey but worth every penny.

Got Cambridge amp and B&W speakers that I never use so going to get Bluetooth adapter for the amp to bring those back into use.

Still use my Great Granfather's gramophone.

Nah, that's a fib.

I have a USB turntable for my old records, CDs/DVDs are my favourite medium , but I also like streaming to my iPod.

Most of all, I much prefer live music - you can't beat the real thing.

As long as it's Rock, loud, heavy and ear-bursting, it's for me!

Archived