Hearts v Gary Locke

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday will be an interesting one from our perspective. Hearts will be buoyed by the result on Saturday, and with Tynecastle mobbed we could struggle early on. The best idea would be to play pretty solidly (well, as solid as our team can be...) and try to hit on the counter. We all know what the Hearts support are like, so if we can frustrate them early on then we could turn them pretty easily.

Would like to see us start with:

MacDonald

O'Hara Findlay Balatoni McHattie

Hamill Slater Splaine

Kiltie Higginbotham

Magennis

If Findlay doesn't make it, then it would be Syme playing which would be fine by me.

As the game goes on we can look to the pace of Obadeyi to stretch the game even further, even possibly Boyd as a partner for Magennis late on. If we take it quarter-by-quarter then we would stand a better chance of managing the game properly, rather than the shambles that Locke's in-game management has been since arriving at Rugby Park.

We completely outplayed Hearts in the League Cup tie, although their team was changed from what I imagine it will be on Saturday. Hopefully Oshaniwa is playing, as I'd fancy Higginbotham and/or Kiltie to destroy him given the chance.

Still think that Hearts will win, as they've a better squad and a much better manager - but we need to manage the 90 minutes properly if we've to take anything away from Gorgie.

3-1 Hearts, but the meltdowns if we win would be sweeter than the three points.

Certainly not too feart after last week's game, Hearts are mince and filthy to boot. As guff as we are, I reckon if we play as well as we have in our last two games we could grab a win. As mentioned, Tynie tends to be a happy hunting ground.

Should be through for this, best away day of the season.

MacDonald

O'Hara Findlay Balatoni McHattie

Hamill Slater Splaine

Kiltie Higginbotham

Magennis

That's fairly defensive is it not QLP. Tynie is quite a tight pitch so I think we could get away with 2 sitters rather than 3. I'd start Obi rather than Splaine personally and let him cover for an overlapping McHattie as we really need his deliveries so want him further up the park. Higgy then gets a floating role wherever the hell he wants because he's Higgy and is my new hero.

We completely outplayed Hearts in the League Cup tie, although their team was changed from what I imagine it will be on Saturday. Hopefully Oshaniwa is playing, as I'd fancy Higginbotham and/or Kiltie to destroy him given the chance.

Apart from Hearts having more possession, more shots (including more on target) and scoring more goals.

Apart from Hearts having more possession, more shots (including more on target) and scoring more goals.

Were you at the game? Your possession and shots were a bit rubbish. Killie completely controlled the game, but fair play, it's goals that count and that's the only statistic that matters.

Bubbles burst, over 100 tickets left to sell for a home sell out and the games only two days away.

Where have all the Hearts fans gone...

It's Gary Locke appreciation day mate. Surely must be a sell out. The mars bar kid is coming home baby.

The Friday fever is upon me. They say you should never shop whilst hungry but apparently you shouldn't bet on a Friday because you are euphoric about the weekend and make stupid bets. I'm aware of this though so can control it.

0-6 to the Killie.

Archived