Results in todays cup ties

pleslie99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the same Dougie Todd who played with Linlithgow Rose ?

If so, I remember he was getting some banter from a young punter, so Dougie jumped the wall and instead of going for the culprit he bravely punched a pensioner who just happened to be in the vicinity. Brave wee soul he was.

Is it the same Dougie Todd who played with Linlithgow Rose ?

If so, I remember he was getting some banter from a young punter, so Dougie jumped the wall and instead of going for the culprit he bravely punched a pensioner who just happened to be in the vicinity. Brave wee soul he was.

Same man.

Bannockburn have a history of game abandonment, I recall on at least two occasions when they played in the Caledonian League, that games where abandoned. As for punishment, the whole club has to take the consequences, after all, the club appointed him and retained him, despite his involvement in previous abandoned games. If the club didn't want to be associated with an individual , "losing the plot" , they should have removed him the first time. Prevention is better than cure and all that .

I think it's best you all start dealing in facts. As far as I know nobody that was involved has commented on here and the refs report hasn't been published. Last time I looked you were innocent until proven guilty.

Todd is just a winner as much as anyone else should be. But can take it too far when the result isn't going his way. This has happened far too many times now. Also like to add it's not always just Dougie when I watched their games. Few other mouthpieces on that side.

Have to say after reading Bannockburn Chairman Derek Robertson telling a pack of lies in the local rag about Saturdays abandoned game leaves a sour taste the abuse the referee took from the the manager is being covered up by the club and blamed on a phantom supporter fair enough if they don't have the guts to boot Mr Todd into touch but don't spout pish about being a proud club etc when you've proved your no better than your vile manager

I take it you were at the game and heard the abuse given to the referee by the manager. I believe the local Police are looking for witnesses so why don't you have the guts to come forward as a witness so the matter can be dealt with properly instead of slagging off people on here. You obviously know the real story. My understanding is that Todd was not arrested or charged because there was no evidence that he was responsible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived