Summer signings early impressions

Toshney and Bene done well for us as a partnership the year we won it. Good to see they're doing well. Always thought barring injury Toshney could go further. Benedictus is solid at this level, if unspectacular.

Must admit when I seen a Dee fan had replied I thought I was going to get ripped for my comments re Wighton. :P . If I could be critical of Bene and Toshney it's they're both sometimes 'over' calm (if that's the correct way to put it) and there has been a couple of slack passes that have had me looking through my fingers. They obviously ooze confidence at the moment though and Toshney put some cracking deliveries into the box on Saturday. We're looking quite lethal from set plays when Bene gets forward. McKinnon is certainly getting the best out of them and I'd say they're firm fan favourites amongst our support at present.

Rogers 6/10 - Dodgy start but looking more confident and had a good game on Saturday.

Watson 6/10 - Meh, looks like a painfully average defender but gives us options.

McHugh 6/10 - Looked promising pre-season but injury set him back a little.

Miller 7/10 - Was sceptical at first but has proved that he can provide us with a totally different option going forward and carries a bit of presence up top.

Sinnamon - N/A - Unlucky with injury but doubt he will be anything special.

Archived