Mock The Week

This shite needs putting to sleep like an infirm dog that shits all over the house

Died a slow death since Frankie Boyle left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, like him or loathe him his knack of saying outrageous and often borderline offensive stuff made the show, hell even Russel Howard was miles better than some of the right on student union PC type knobheads that seem to rule the roost now on this once great panel show.

That floppy haired nonentity who's been a regular lately has to be the worst of the lot, although Gary Delaney and Milton Jones are up there too.

So desperate to be seen as PC and right on yet forgetting to be funny now seems to be the mantra, even Dara O'Brien looks fed up to the extent he feigns amusement at endless guff jokes about his massive napper

Agreed, it lost its spark a long time ago. I don't think Frankie leaving was the kicker though, he got out when it was starting to decline and Howard leaving shortly after finished it, Milton Jones isn't remotely funny. I think what ruined the show is the severe lack of genuinely funny comedians these days.

This shite needs putting to sleep like an infirm dog that shits all over the house

Died a slow death since Frankie Boyle left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, like him or loathe him his knack of saying outrageous and often borderline offensive stuff made the show, hell even Russel Howard was miles better than some of the right on student union PC type knobheads that seem to rule the roost now on this once great panel show.

That floppy haired nonentity who's been a regular lately has to be the worst of the lot, although Gary Delaney and Milton Jones are up there too.

So desperate to be seen as PC and right on yet forgetting to be funny now seems to be the mantra, even Dara O'Brien looks fed up to the extent he feigns amusement at endless guff jokes about his massive napper

It's a great programme, but it went downhill when it aired on Dave.

This thread is a fairly on point as far as I'm concerned - I hadn't watched a single episode of this show until I was severely bored on my last run of nightshifts and fired up some clips on Youtube - the resulting belly-laughs had me tuning in to watch it last night .... lasted about two and a half minutes.

Russell Howard's show is banal pish, it's hard to believe he was pretty highly rated on Mock the Week when the show was at its peak. I'm not sure what his target audience is, lefty students? The only decent parts of his act are basically "here, watch this funny youtube clip", with his accompanying asides adding next to nothing.

(Un)Funnily enough I watched the show the other night. The discussion parts of the show are alright but the comedians they get on are absolutely shite at stand-up and it really shows during the "Scenes we'd like to see" round.

It was actually still good right after Boyle left. But you knew when Howard left that it would just plummet in quality eventually, even though he's very marmite as a comedian.

Russel Howard was actually decent at the time and would also come out with some quite "edgy" stuff now and again , not on the same level as Boyle but he did have his moments , then he went and done his own show and it was politically correct friendly pish that only yer granny would find funny , rather disappointed how his career has turned out after mock the week actually

Good Riddance, I really can't stand that b*****d, everytime he made a joke he would immediately look at the audience for approval

Micky Flanagan did the same when i last watched it years ago - irritated the hell out of me. The fact he's as funny as getting stoned to death is a side issue. Milton Jones is up there with the worst.

The last episode i tried to watch was when Andy Murray was in the audience and it was abysmal. It become average before when Frankie Boyle left and he was the best of the lot.

The BBC sadly stopped trying to be edgy a good while back and now seem intent on not upsetting anyone to the extent that Graham Norton is the most 'dangerous' comic they allow.

Archived