12000 Numpties

The Shark

I went to Faro with a heavy heart after the Poland game and ended up thoroughly enjoying it. The TA get up some people's noses (particularly the media) for not going ballistic when the team lose. Tough! I see myself as a supporter and love both my club side and the Scotland team. It gives me no pleasure to give them abuse so I try not to; personally, that's not what "supporting" a team is all about. You take the good with the bad. As far as Scotland is concerned, I don't think that failure is celebrated; it's more accepted with good grace. Is that so bad?

I would accept that it got a wee bit over the top after the game in Faro, but it was a superb show of support and the team and Strachan got a wee bit carried away. On the other hand, I was standing beside a couple of German lads and they said that the Scotland fans were the best in the world for their reaction, given that we did feck qualification up.

What do some folk want; onto the park and kick someone's erse for losing? I think the treatment of Levein when he was booed at Hampden when his coupon appeared on the screens was a bit too much too, it did demonstrate that even the TA have a breaking point.

I think that Strachan has made a palpable difference to the team, but he has been big enough to admit that his team selections in a couple of matches just hasn't been right. Georgia was a disgrace; I don't think he's been too defensive about that. Contrast that with Levein's stance on the Czech 4-6-0 game.

Bottom line is, who would do a better job than Strachan? Anyone who'd take the job must be either desperate or duff.

The Iceland manager

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Faro with a heavy heart after the Poland game and ended up thoroughly enjoying it. The TA get up some people's noses (particularly the media) for not going ballistic when the team lose. Tough! I see myself as a supporter and love both my club side and the Scotland team. It gives me no pleasure to give them abuse so I try not to; personally, that's not what "supporting" a team is all about. You take the good with the bad. As far as Scotland is concerned, I don't think that failure is celebrated; it's more accepted with good grace. Is that so bad?

I would accept that it got a wee bit over the top after the game in Faro, but it was a superb show of support and the team and Strachan got a wee bit carried away. On the other hand, I was standing beside a couple of German lads and they said that the Scotland fans were the best in the world for their reaction, given that we did feck qualification up.

What do some folk want; onto the park and kick someone's erse for losing? I think the treatment of Levein when he was booed at Hampden when his coupon appeared on the screens was a bit too much too, it did demonstrate that even the TA have a breaking point.

I think that Strachan has made a palpable difference to the team, but he has been big enough to admit that his team selections in a couple of matches just hasn't been right. Georgia was a disgrace; I don't think he's been too defensive about that. Contrast that with Levein's stance on the Czech 4-6-0 game.

Bottom line is, who would do a better job than Strachan? Anyone who'd take the job must be either desperate or duff.

Where has he said this?

Archived