Whitletts Victoria Looking for GK Coach!

Whitletts Victoria are inviting applications for a Goalkeeping Coach to work with the keepers for not only the junior side but also the Clubs' youth keepers at under 17 and 19 age groups.

Experience as a goalkeeper with appropriate qualifications is desirable but not essential as the successful candidate will be supported to obtain the necessary SFA coaching qualifications.

Anyone interested in the position can contact John Dalton at jbd@sky.com stating their experience and qualifications

It's an area that's very difficult to find one unless you have a lot of money to pay them or they're really keen and enthusiastic to come along. It's mostly the 2nd string keeper that do the warm ups on a Saturday and they do it amongst themselves at training.

Lugar 123,i am the girvan gk coach and the answer to ur question is no I dont think there are mate,I'm thoroughly enjoying my time at girvan with peter,flanny ,minty and a great bunch of lads,our no 1 Stevie Douglas has been outstanding this season and his two saves on Saturday were something else,he's being pushed hard by a young lad Robbi Wilson who is our number 2 and technically one of the best young keepers I've worked with.terry I believe he's also ur u17 or u19 keeper at the vics

Lugar 123,i am the girvan gk coach and the answer to ur question is no I dont think there are mate,I'm thoroughly enjoying my time at girvan with peter,flanny ,minty and a great bunch of lads,our no 1 Stevie Douglas has been outstanding this season and his two saves on Saturday were something else,he's being pushed hard by a young lad Robbi Wilson who is our number 2 and technically one of the best young keepers I've worked with.terry I believe he's also ur u17 or u19 keeper at the vics

Plays for the 19s and doing really well going by match reports. Havnt seen the boy in the flesh myself!

I take it the good form of both keepers is down to your coaching expertise ayrx1? I have saw the young lad Wilson play and he is defo one for the future. A bit small mind you so don't know how he'd do when he steps up to play with big men. A guess time will tell.

Ayr Victoria ,I would say that the form of both the keepers is down to there own hard work and willing to learn ,thrown in with a bit of coaching????Robbi has played two games this year with us and was outstanding in both ,he's bout 5 10 and only just turned 17 so plenty time yet

I find it a bit strange that the young boy plays for vics u19s but plays for girvan fc 1 of whittlets closest rivals

Doesn't benefit the boy sitting on the bench for Girvan every week, so plays for Vics 19s where he's guaranteed to play!! In all honesty, he's not going to dislodge big Dougie anytime soon who's one of the best in the ADL!

He plays boys club for vics on a Sunday and trains with us mon and wed and with team on sat.that way he's getting experience with the juniors and game time with the boys club.no real conflict of interest

What about ex keeper Davie Munro? He was a level headed kinda guy.

Iv actually said to big Monty a few times, doesn't fancy it at all. Shame, he's not involved in football at any level!

Iv actually said to big Monty a few times, doesn't fancy it at all. Shame, he's not involved in football at any level!

You do know I was being facetious? From what I remember he was a bit of a headcase. Wouldn't make him a bad coach though.

Archived