Clark drive v Irvine town in west

Porky

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of poor chat about Irvine town on this. From what I can gather they have had to basically start from scratch again, new manager and whole new team.

Established teams can struggle to get new players in so obviously Irvine have done well to still be going. They haven't got the £££ that others have to go out and sign whoever they want.

All that was done was us giving an honest opinion on how we think Irvine town are this season! What's the harm in that? No one is miscalling or slating the team, committee or its players! Are Irvine town exempt from opinion now?

We welcome all opinions lads good or bad, it's all banter at the end of the day.

Yes we have had to basically start from scratch for the second time in our 5 year history but we make no excuses for it as most amateur teams have had to do the same on several occasions. Tiber are a prime example of that.

All we ask is that we be judged on what has been achieved at the end of the season, not based on two games with Hurlford and Craigie.

Like I said boys good banter and don't take it personal on any level but please make yourselves known to us if u ever come watch a game because I welcome constructive criticism as this is my first time as manager and I'm sure it will be beneficial

Ha ha that's very true mate, that was a genuine comment I made tho about making yourselves known to us on the sidelines. I stand with a red top on with KG on it and smoke about 20 a game lol so you can't miss me.

Good to see that we get talked about regardless of good or bad. Most feeds I read on this are about Hurlford thistle etc. I'd love to see them play the young Hurlford team

Ha ha that's very true mate, that was a genuine comment I made tho about making yourselves known to us on the sidelines. I stand with a red top on with KG on it and smoke about 20 a game lol so you can't miss me.

Good to see that we get talked about regardless of good or bad. Most feeds I read on this are about Hurlford thistle etc. I'd love to see them play the young Hurlford team

Take it as a compliment mate lol. As you rightly said when Ayrshire Ammies is mentioned it's all Thistle, Shortlees, and KSC and tbh people are having a go at them most of the time too haha! It's all banter. I think a lot of people would love to see both Hurlford teams play each other. Don't think young Hurlford have quite enough to beat them yet but could probably scare them for an hour or so

One thing I am mate is honest and will always give me honest opinion, we had a few regulars missing that may have changed the result a bit but at the end of the day we have a big squad and the boys who were given an opportunity the last two games just didn't step up to the mark.

League has and will always remain a priority and the West is a cup we were never gonna win but obviously I would have liked a better result in a local rivals.

Unfortunately like last week we just didn't step upto the challenge and got taught a lesson.

Early days in the season tho so onwards and upwards

Got to agree Irvine town getting a raw deal. A good, honest amateur club, run by a good guy. I drive past where they train regularly and any time I've seen them they've always got good numbers. They strike me as a group of decent, honest, hard-working guys giving it a go. They comments on here would've been justified if they had been shouting their mouth off but from what I see they just go about their business.

Is this the irvine town love in.

Don't see what the problem is, some people thought they would do well, others thought they wouldn't and they didn't .

Honestly.

Am with soggy. Where were they getting slated or given a raw deal exactly? All that was basically said is that they ain't great this season and the Drive would beat them comprehensively and that's exactly what happened! There's plenty of opinions on here about various teams good and bad and people give their opinions on forthcoming games or games been played? Is there a reason Irvine town are exempt from this? Serious question?

Anybody can criticise any team. But saying they are pish and that isn't right. All you need to say is they aren't as good as Drive, you don't need to be nasty.

If I was the manager I wouldn't be happy with that either. They aren't shouting about what they are going to do. They are an honest team of good boys who shake hands after the game win lose or draw. Shortlees were pish and we got it in the neck too. We came through it and the management turned it round and improved, Shortlees aren't great but they are decent and in a far better place than they were a couple of years ago when Irvine used to humble us. Give the guy a chance it's his first year, he is being honest, and and showing real maturity and integrity, unlike some people on here, by admiting there flaws.

They are a second division team playing against a seasoned premier team who beat Shortlees recently.

I for one believe he will turn it round about because he has the right temprement and attitude. If I was one of his players reading some of the comments on here I would show them to the team. Team talk done!

Anybody can criticise any team. But saying they are pish and that isn't right. All you need to say is they aren't as good as Drive, you don't need to be nasty.

If I was the manager I wouldn't be happy with that either. They aren't shouting about what they are going to do. They are an honest team of good boys who shake hands after the game win lose or draw. Shortlees were pish and we got it in the neck too. We came through it and the management turned it round and improved, Shortlees aren't great but they are decent and in a far better place than they were a couple of years ago when Irvine used to humble us. Give the guy a chance it's his first year, he is being honest, and and showing real maturity and integrity, unlike some people on here, by admiting there flaws.

They are a second division team playing against a seasoned premier team who beat Shortlees recently.

I for one believe he will turn it round about because he has the right temprement and attitude. If I was one of his players reading some of the comments on here I would show them to the team. Team talk done!

Why would you show it too the team? Pie and bovril and social media aren't for team talks? Managers that can't manage do that I believe. We all take to these forums for our own reasons, either speaking the truth, to wind up others etc etc but it's no coincidence that all the best players around don't comment on these forums because quite frankly they cdnt care less. The best players go on to the park to win for themselves, teammates, managers and supporters. Not to prove someone wrong on a forum that had become a laughing stock over last few months. Relentless for example do you reckon gold, knapp, mason, English and so on care any for what's spouted about them or their team on here? If a was to say their shit would it make them play better? Course not

I know Shortlees were talking about P&B a few weeks back as I know some of the boys from Shortlees well.

Apparently Cunny did have a word with the team at training about this forum and told them to stay off it, he wasn't happy with the shite "his words" that goes on here, and told them to do their talking on the park. But it did spur them on a wee bit according to the players I know. Say what you want about any team that's your prerogative. But there is a fine line between criticism and sarcisim, they are ridiculing Irvine T's manager by slating the team and calling them pish.

He is the one out at the training ground through thick and thin. Hail, rain, and snow. Just say they aren't as good as the other team and that should be enough. Not gonna get into a slagging match about it, just my opinion.

I know Shortlees were talking about P&B a few weeks back as I know some of the boys from Shortlees well.

Apparently Cunny did have a word with the team at training about this forum and told them to stay off it, he wasn't happy with the shite "his words" that goes on here, and told them to do their talking on the park. But it did spur them on a wee bit according to the players I know. Say what you want about any team that's your prerogative. But there is a fine line between criticism and sarcisim, they are ridiculing Irvine T's manager by slating the team and calling them pish.

He is the one out at the training ground through thick and thin. Hail, rain, and snow. Just say they aren't as good as the other team and that should be enough. Not gonna get into a slagging match about it, just my opinion.

Haha well surely "cunny's" first priority would be hunting you down and keeping you off it lol because you are the main reason Shortlees gets spoke about on here. So maybe you should do "cunny's" team talks lololol

Archived