Rock vs Wheel

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I ask the Sons fans what your take on the Leahy 'penalty' challenge was? Looked a cert to me and those around me yet there didn't seem to be much in the way of protest from either players or fans?

Aye, looked a stonewaller to me. But, it was 0-4 (5 even?) by that point and I'd basically given up caring. I've no idea how Collum contrived to give a corner. It was either a penalty or a goal kick.

That was probably a combination of a good day at the office for ourselves, and a bad one for Dumbarton.

Two up front is definitely the way to go, any combination of Baird/Miller/McHugh seems to work well. I don't think Kerr and Vaulks exactly bossed the middle of the park, but both put in good shifts. Sibbald and Alston played well, as did the fullbacks. Other than that one maisie run from Gibson, McCracken and Grant mopped everything up with relative ease.

I thought Dumbarton's number 17 (Routledge?) was pretty awful in the first half but it wasn't his fault for any of our goals. Gallagher looked a good player though. Almost everything Dumbarton did went through Gibson, he clearly has ability, but as we found out ourselves, it's attitude that's resulted in him ending up back in this division.

Our 5th goal was an absolute beauty - but some of the defending for the other 4 was woeful. Good finishes, but chances that should never have been there to take in the first place.

ps John Baird :wub:

pps Willie Collum was his usual absolutely pish self. Made a complete mess of several decisions. Even he couldn't trump that decision on Tuesday by Alan Muir though :lol:

Sorry, but I disagree. We shouldn't boo the team. Best morale-buster I can think of.

Perhaps I should add - I don't mind grumbles about poor performance, but there's a point at which it affects the team and it's at that point I believe it is unacceptable.

We're not Barcelona, unfortunately, or else I would accept booing and personal verbal attacks on players. Not justified at this level, but that's just my opinion. In my almost 50 years is supporting the Sons, the abuse has definitely got worse in the last five years or so. Expectations don't match budget and/or ability for some.

2 many similar players in the team, no pace in the team. You have 3 central midfielders all doing the same job. Not 1 creative player. Fleming and craig same players. No communication at the back. All you heard was big Andy graham talking at the back last year. Not heard Barr talking at all. The keepers at fault nearly every week for a goal.

I couldn't make the game today, but it's more than disappointing to read about not only the hiding we received, but the manner of it as well.

It's one of these things getting a thumping in a game, it happens. What isn't acceptable is less than 100% commitment, lack of leadership and chucking the towel in, things which have been said of our performance on here. Very disappointing to read that indeed.

If Gregor Buchanan had a poor game, we must've been terrible, he's been immense so far this season.

Makes the already important game against Morton next week, colossal for us. Pressure starting to mount a bit, be interesting to see how Stevie deals with it and changes things to improve our results.

For the Sons fan don't worry. This is a good time in the season to get a mauling. You will improve on the back of it. At TFS your team played well and were unlucky not to get a draw. You will move on from this and are much better than Alloa and Livi.

As for Falkirk. Do you see why we need two up front against teams we should on form beat Mr Houston? The pairing of Miller and Baird was good and McHugh and Baird worked as well. Having Sibbs and Alston together in midfield providing ammo also works and gives room for Leahy and to a lesser extent Muirhead to get crosses in. Would be good to see Slammanan get a full game bet would be hard on Muirhead who has been very good recently. On to the meth brigade!

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril

Well thank the Lord I had a seizure and went home at h/t. I think in the 45 minutes I witnessed we had two decent chances and they both went wide.

Our central defence, goalkeeper and central midfielders have not got a clue what each other are doing. Surprised they come out in the same coloured jerseys.

Getting close to the Adamson side I first witnessed.

Amazed to actual hear some Dumbarton fans clapping the players off at the final whistle. Some of these Dumbarton players are reportedly on decent money and the levels of effort are just not good enough. Our team is leaderless, lack physical and mental strength. When you build any team you should have a decent spine to your team- we do not! Starting with the keeper, he is poor. Darren Barr- I can't believe how disappointing he has been. We lack creative midfield players and have no striker to speak of. Steven Craig has been a huge let down and offers nothing. We may survive this season but we will lose a hell of a lot of games. The manager needs time but the players he has brought in need to give themselves a good shake

2 many similar players in the team, no pace in the team. You have 3 central midfielders all doing the same job. Not 1 creative player. Fleming and craig same players. No communication at the back. All you heard was big Andy graham talking at the back last year. Not heard Barr talking at all. The keepers at fault nearly every week for a goal.

I had to double check your team. Almost an identical complaint that some have had about the way Falkirk have been playing this season.

I had to double check your team. Almost an identical complaint that some have had about the way Falkirk have been playing this season.

he sits with me, and I check his team every week, and slightly alters my posts for his own, and fat and Rebecca adlington lookalike

Wasn't there today cause I was pig sick after Tuesday nights result....we have always struggled at Dumbarton & I was expecting a draw to be honest..sons have always been very good at tfs & the Jim lister goals was it a hatrick? Is the one that sticks in the mind ..our record at tfs against Dumbarton is woeful can't remember a win against them.....unless we go back to billy lamont times ..any team with Wullie Gibson in it should cause us a problem when he played for us he was great I thought but he's very much a moody player

We have a better win record thro there and Dumbarton have a better win rate at TFS since we came down.

Last season's 3-0 win thro there was one our best performances o last season, I'd say it was better than yesterday's performance. Dumbarton made it 5-0 yesterday

f**k sake just watched the highlights back.

Darren Barr when he went to ground after realising Baird had easily done him, embarrassing.

I looked away when brown hit his kick out at the time, howler, but again Barr wasn't switched on and let Baird in too easy.

Third goal I don't know what the f**k is going on, claiming offside? Guy who headed it on was about ten yards on and nobody else looked off/or made any movement to get involved, so I don't know what's went on, whole team stopped in the hope of a decision being made and that is utter shite.

Too many players haven't done much to impress me or live up to first impressions.

Fleming had a good first half but he is wasted out wide, he should be playing where we use gal but Aitken doesn't seem to want to drop him. Gibson needs to get the finger out, I can see him cracking up soon, moans like f**k when he doesn't get the ball and when he does get it he wastes it too much.

Let's get a 442 going, one up top mince is painful.

Archived