“Ibrocrisy” – the vilification of John Reid, worship of the Armed Forc

Iraq, Afghanistan, probably as many servicemen and women who went disagreed with our involvement in line with general public feeling.

You telling me McClean is been selective in that respect? Absolute bollocks!!

I don't want the c*nt to wear a Poppy, it stands him out for what he is.

Neither of whom had "died to protect the freedoms we enjoy" They signed up to be part of a professional army. in no way can a 21st century solider be compared with the conscription from 1916 to 1945

Well we know exactly why he doesn't wear one, due to the actions of the British army in his community.

I've got no idea why you're so upset about it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither of whom had "died to protect the freedoms we enjoy" They signed up to be part of a professional army. in no way can a 21st century solider be compared with the conscription from 1916 to 1945

Well we know exactly why he doesn't wear one, due to the actions of the British army in his community.

I've got no idea why you're so upset about it.

Like I said Rico, it's up to him.

McLean's Twitter posts in the past have shown him to be a bigoted little twat, so I don't really care whether or not he wears a poppy, I know what he is.

You obviously do care.

McLean's Twitter posts in the past have shown him to be a bigoted little twat, so I don't really care whether or not he wears a poppy, I know what he is.

I'd rather he didn't. Happy to earn his coin in a country that he hates! F*ck off and go play some place else, not welcome here!

Hope every EPL support, at the Hawthorns or at their own ground let's him know that.

Don't know what the fuss is over McLean refusing to wear the Poppy, it's up to him and his personal conscience !?

I'd rather he didn't. Happy to earn his coin in a country that he hates! F*ck off and go play some place else, not welcome here!

^^^ Not bothered.

Besides since why did not agreeing with a government or the actions of its armed forced become "hating the country" you do know there is a difference.... right? :huh:

PS. How seething did this get you?

Hope every EPL support, at the Hawthorns or at their own ground let's him know that.

He doesn't hate Britain you rocket.

Nah not at all eh!?

Being opposed to a particular Government policy is not the same as hating the Country, but I know that doesn't compute to bigots like yourself, after all you think anyone who doesn't wear a poppy can't contemplate the horror of war.

Being opposed to a particular Government policy is not the same as hating the Country, but I know that doesn't compute to bigots like yourself, after all you think anyone who doesn't wear a poppy can't contemplate the horror of war.

That isn't what I said at all, it's up to the individual, and their choice to remember or how to reflect, but as for McClean making a stance against a particular government policy, don't make f*ckin laugh. How about him turning his back on our National Anthem? There's plenty that don't sing it (Rooney for one) but they just stay silent until it's done Not like this attention seeking wee Whank, look at me, look at me!!

And you call me a bigot!? I know what McClean is and so do the vast majority in the street, who previously had no axe to grind at all.

He's been rightly vilified for me, end of story.

That isn't what I said at all, it's up to the individual, and their choice to remember or how to reflect, but as for McClean making a stance against a particular government policy, don't make f*ckin laugh. How about him turning his back on our National Anthem? There's plenty that don't sing it (Rooney for one) but they just stay silent until it's done Not like this attention seeking wee Whank, look at me, look at me!!

And you call me a bigot!? I know what McClean is and so do the vast majority in the street, who previously had no axe to grind at all.

He's been rightly vilified for me, end of story.

What the song about the head of that bigoted institution that has it in law to bar people like McClean purely on religious ground?

That one?

Can't say that I blame him tbh

Not a clue what you mean. This is a baffling post. What is McLean barred from?

Did you delete your post and repost something different?

I'll make it clear for you. The royals are a bigoted institution

Im going to answer for him as im pretty sure he's referring to a centuries old law in the constitution of Britain that prohibits a catholic to be head of state, both the monarchy and government

Tony Blair may be a war mongering scumbag but it was very interesting that he converted to Catholicism the week after he stepped down as PM.

All very good. Doesn't answer what McClean is banned from, "purely on religious grounds".

Of course, the person who made that statement will never come back and justify it.

Archived