Hospitality

Gartcairn Army

Is there a rule somewhere that we don't know about that u have to take hospitality and b forced to eat , in this case hot dogs and soup. I don't buy into this rubbish . If u want to eat fine but if u want to just get on the bus and get up the road, so what. There's better things to worry about.

You are just a fanny! Why do you even comment things like this. Its common sense that teams stay back for hospitality in any Scottish Cup game at any level. In saying that you are an Airdrie supporter, what would you know hahahahaha

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your entitled to your opinion but that was what happened from a Hermes perspective! I think that most of the players assumed hospitality was off site away from the venue as it was almost a community centre style complex, Hermes on occasion have more than outstayed a welcome by enjoying hospitality so I have no need to defend Saturday's unfortunate situation!

If we are goig down the dignity and respect route please make sure the big striker who was subbed on 45 minutes takes it along this week! Threats of stabbing during the game is not very dignified!

There should always be something provided for visiting clubs in Scottish. Like a said before Hermes laid on great hospitality for Kilbirnie once and that was off site. We were well catered for that day as Aberdeen East End provided well for us in their club prior to the match. You know its gonna be available so if you don't require hospitality inform your hosts in good time ahead of the fixture. Simple and courteous.

Im afraid you are talking nonsense! Your committee were asked during the week and I was told to cater for 25. There were 10 of your committee in at half time eating and drinking and they were all told where to bring the players. I personally told around 6 of your players who were last out the changing room where to go to which I was told they would get the rest of the boys back in off the bus! Gartcairn will stay for any hospitality offered at Hermes. It's the right thing to do!

Sounds like it'll be a good laugh eh?

My mate who has travelled to many ties in north region told me that the hospitality there was second to none.

If Hermes had an excuse then they should voice it here.

You gain nothing refusing hospitality, if Hermes provide it. Say nothing and be sociable. Oh and beat them as well Gartcairn.

Way to make friends!

You now will already have a reputation of airing you're grievances online rather than in a phone call which would have been the right thing to do!

You certainly won't catch officials of clubs like Talbot or Pollok on moaning, they deal with things in the proper manner.

Maybe something to learn from eh!

Well said. Embarrassing thread.

On the subject of hospitality. Would like to say a big thank you from all at wishaw juniors for the hospitality we received on sat . Tables reserved for wishaw committee before game ,half time and full time rob Roy committee should be proud of themselves for the welcome and hospitality they gave us . Thanks again and good luck for rest of season from all at wishaw juniors

On the subject of hospitality. Would like to say a big thank you from all at wishaw juniors for the hospitality we received on sat . Tables reserved for wishaw committee before game ,half time and full time rob Roy committee should be proud of themselves for the welcome and hospitality they gave us . Thanks again and good luck for rest of season from all at wishaw juniors

I'm sure hospitality tastes especially sweet just after you have pumped your hosts :P

The right thing to do as you put it would have been to sit down at the hospitality that was provided not scurry away into the night. If they didn't want after match hospitality then all they had to do was say.

I think there is error on both parts. Of course Hermes should have given prior warning if they did not intend to stay for hospitality.

However, it's a valid point being made against Gartcairn....making it so public on this forum lacks a bit of taste too.

I think there is error on both parts. Of course Hermes should have given prior warning if they did not intend to stay for hospitality.

However, it's a valid point being made against Gartcairn....making it so public on this forum lacks a bit of taste too.

I think it's just a sign of the times to be honest that things go through forums first rather than in private from club to club.

Back in the old days - pre Internet/ forum days the hosts secretary/president would have phoned the visiting teams secretary/ president and it would all have been ironed out in private without everyone knowing.

Nowadays things are reaching forums first and before you know it you have a full scale slanging match .

Gartcairn are a new club and its a learning curve for them, they did as required though and offered hospitality.

To me they were simply asking if refusing said hospitality is the done thing in the juniors.

Quite sure if it were to happen again they would not enquire via social media...as they also know now that is not the done thing

Perhaps it would be better if host clubs contacted opponents prior to the fixture and asked if hospitality was required that way a negative would not be seen as a snub and clubs would not be out of pocket.

Reading the posts they did contact Hermes and were told that catering for about 25 would be needed so after that and confirming on the day they still don't turn up is nothing short of utter pish on their part. Having said that I'm pretty sure, new or not new to junior football the original poster knew what he was doing by posting the question on here. Bit naughty on both parts I'd say. Proper naughty in fact.

Great post.

It is obligatory for the home team to provide post match catering after Scottish ties...it should also be obligatory for visitors to attend unless prior agreement.

The Sjfa should be contacting Hermes reminding them of their responsibilities as part of the junior family.

Was up at Hermes in the '90s and they were excellent hosts...stovies if a remember correctly, lots of it...and very tasty, had two bowls...or maybe it was three.....so they know the crack and should get their act together.

yip mate the grub was too notch

thought the way of reminding players was to put a notice up in away dressing rooms where the post match hospitality was as the committee doesnt always communicate to the players.

t is one of the special things about the junior game, you could be shouting and bawling at your opposites then 10 minutes later shaking hands and having a dram and scran. One thing that does confuse the hell out of the people serving the hospitality is if you say you are teetotal, usually i had to say a cop of tea would be braw pal

You are just a fanny! Why do you even comment things like this. Its common sense that teams stay back for hospitality in any Scottish Cup game at any level. In saying that you are an Airdrie supporter, what would you know hahahahaha

why u commenting then? Gartcairn wee bit naughty starting this.

Spot on. Handled terribly.

Drama queen, attention seeking. The OP knew the answer to his question but his rage got the better of him. This is not Gartcairn under 7s football festival, free lunch and medals for all. This is junior football, sometimes clubs players want to get home asap and the appropriate notice is not given to the hosts. Not ideal. Not very fair on the hosts but not crime of century something a phone call could all sort out with all this fuss.

Gartcairn should be copying the rossvale model. Go about your business quietly, speak to committees at games, learn from them, officials only posting on these kind of forums on the odd occasion for scraps of info etc not going off on one right after a game.

I wish Gartcairn well but they have much to learn!

Agreed

Just popped in here out of curiosity more than anything else, but this thread has been brilliant reading! Many twists, turns, strops, food going in the bin, puns... now even threats of a stabbing...

What next?? :lol:

*looks up next local junior game*

Archived