Stirling Albion v East Stirlingshire

Really enjoyed the game if not the result.

I was at wrong end of ground to see if ball had crossed the line when the Shire keeper fluffed his save. Any thoughts, was the linesman up with play.

Ive just read managers excuse for sending off. Sorry, no excuses. There are no grey areas so get it stopped. There was no need to tackle the player.

I was at the Morrison End and from my seat thought the ball looked over the line. I suspect the linesman was not up with the play and from his angle couldn't really see if it had crossed the line or not. Regarding the sending off I agree with you regarding our sending off record, that's 4 games in a row we have had a man sent off and this needs to be nipped in the bud imo. Start by hitting those who get sent off by way of fines say £50 -£100 a time for being sent off, they will soon learn not to make such rash tackles like Ross Smith`s yesterday when their was no need to challenge the guy in the middle of the park going nowhere.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My seat is H6 which is directly in line with edge of the 18 yard box although I chose to stand in the second half around seat H3 - around the penalty spot line. No-one in the ground, except the Lino, had a better view than me.

The ball did cross the line but probably not completely. I didn't shout at the Lino at the time so that's a sign he probably got it right.

At the time I was shouting for a pass back as I thought the keeper caught the ball and then shoved the ball from his hands. Anyone else have a view on this?

Pitch was good and stadium and facilities were great for this level of football.

Pitch was always great at Forthbank in its early years but went through a few years of neglect and appears to be returning to its former glories, despite two teams using it.

I still think £12 is a bit steep for 4th tier football but Forthbank is a great venue (if the fans have something to sing about!) and far better than some of the joke stadia at this level.

Mind you, some of the Arbroath fans think £13 for Gayfield is better value for money than Forthbank. Laughable.

Crazy challenge in the last minute for the sending off.

My theory is that Ross Smith has a night out on Friday and wanted to be suspended next Saturday. His tackle was worthy of sending off, right in front of the ref so he couldn't miss it and was so late in the game that it wasn't going to affect the result.

Either that or he is a bam.

Seen folk before saying Stirling are an underachieving club....but are they really? About a third of the town's population are students from elsewhere. Either they aren't involving the students of the town enough or they have found their level.

I would doubt about a third of the towns population is students. Have to agree the Albion are underachievers we should be playing in a higher league, with the facilities we have at Forthbank it's a pity we can't attract more people to watch the Albion but with the results and performances we are serving up just now you can't blame people from not attending.

When you look at Alloa and what they have achieved over the last few years, it shows what can be achieved by the Albion with a decent team on the park.

As a Stirling Uni alumni I can confirm that the Binos do absolutely nothing to attract students to games. In my entire time at Uni I never saw one flyer, no free tickets, no shuttle buses, no bus-match-pie combo deals. Not saying it would make a massive impact but most people I know didn't even know where Albion played. That's the folk who actually like football and would consider going to a game as well.

Not that a student is going to pay £8 for a League Two game in Scotland...

no free tickets, no shuttle buses, no bus-match-pie combo deals. Not saying it would make a massive impact but most people I know didn't even know where Albion played.

Typical students, wanting to freeload.

If they didn't know where the Albion played that says a lot more about them and their insular view than it does about the club.

As a Stirling Uni alumni I can confirm that the Binos do absolutely nothing to attract students to games. In my entire time at Uni I never saw one flyer, no free tickets, no shuttle buses, no bus-match-pie combo deals. Not saying it would make a massive impact but most people I know didn't even know where Albion played. That's the folk who actually like football and would consider going to a game as well.

Not that a student is going to pay £8 for a League Two game in Scotland...

I would be a bit surprised that the Albion do nothing to attract students. You say most people don`t know where the Albion play, I find that surprising as Stirling Uni who play in the Lowland League use Forthbank Stadium as well for their games. I wonder how many people go along from the University when the Uni play at Forthbank not many I suspect.

Regarding the pricing issues I have to agree with you that pricing for Football not only the Albion games is too dear should only be £10 max for this level. By the way the prices have been reduced for the Cup Replay against East Fife on Tuesday night, so hope to see you their cheering on the Binos into the next round hopefully.

Bitterly disappointed we couldn't finish the Binos off. They were definitely there for the taking. Stirling are looking great under McLaren HAHAHA

We shall see just how good the Shire are come the end of the season. Also we are still in the Scottish Cup and have the possibility of at least making it to the 4rd provided we beat East Fife on Tuesday night, a bit better than the Shire who get humped by Huntly from the Highland League in the Cup.

We shall see just how good the Shire are come the end of the season. Also we are still in the Scottish Cup and have the possibility of at least making it to the 4rd provided we beat East Fife on Tuesday night, a bit better than the Shire who get humped by Huntly from the Highland League in the Cup.

Since when did a one goal margin mean a team was "humped"? I'm not making excuses for the performance at Huntly, it was absolutely shocking but proven on Saturday ,and numerous times within the season, when we play at our potential level of football we are a decent team. Just a shame we're not that decent team every week.

Since when did a one goal margin mean a team was "humped"? I'm not making excuses for the performance at Huntly, it was absolutely shocking but proven on Saturday ,and numerous times within the season, when we play at our potential level of football we are a decent team. Just a shame we're not that decent team every week.

Sorry should have said "embarrassment " of losing to Huntly from the Highland League in the Cup

• 4 weeks later...

Archived