Stirling Albion v East Stirlingshire

This Saturday the Albion entertain near neighbours East Stirlingshire at Forthbank in what will be a vital game for both clubs.

The Albion are 2 points ahead of the Shire in second bottom place and a win will increase the gap beyween the clubs to 5 points and depending on how results go elsewhere we may even move up a couple of places in the League.

Given our improvement in results over the last few weeks this is a game we must win if we are to stand any hope of getting to the playoff/s/promotion this season . Equally for the Shire they need to get something from this game to try and keep in touch with the rest of teams in this League and not let the gap widen. Also after the disappointment of going out of the Scottish Cup on Saturday they will hope to bounce back and take something from this game. .

For the Albion this game will see Craig Comrie miss this game due to his sending off at Clyde, coupled with the fact that Willie Robertson will also miss this game due to his sending off at east Fife in the Cup it will be a somewhat makeshift midfield for the Albion on Saturday. All things aside I expect us to take the 3 points and hopefully bag a couple of goals into the bargain.

Prediction Albion 2 Shire 0

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely huge game, would expect the players to be fired up after Saturdays shambles. Beginning to get our key players back from injuries and suspension which will definitely improve us and hopefully keep us tighter at the back.

Presume it will be a cagey affair and I expect whoever scores first will go on and win.

Should easily beat this mob

Hope so but remember it's the Albion who playing them, I don't take anything to chance. Hopefully our strikers manage to find the net on Saturday and hopefully more than once, isn't time Steven Doris got on the score sheet?

The Shire should be a lot easier to crack than a lot of defences in this League apart from Clyde that is

If the binos don't win against the shire Manager has to go.

Why in particularly does he have to go if ES suffer a defeat in this game ? There have been other defeats this season.

Shire will do what Shire do tommorrow, I'm hoping that we are not so weak in defense and and at least score from our chances we normally create. If we aren't good enought to get pts tomorrow so be it. Calling for a manager's head before a game doesn't help.

I was at the game at Huntly last week and on another day it would have been different. We just couldn't finish moves and let in very sloppy goals. That's how it turns out sometimes and we go on from that. The season is still young and hope is not yet gone !

Well being an Albion fan I though we would win this one but once again the curse of not taking our chances has happened. We missed a number of decent chances, the Shire keeper made at least 3 goal saving stops and that does not include the one which I though was over the line midway thru the second half but was not given, where is this goal line technology when you need it !

Overall all we should have won this one but as I stated above, we must take our chances and today was another example of this and that is the reason we have the worst scoring record in this League. Saying that the Shire had a number of decent chances a couple of good stops by Chris Smith kept us in the game and near the end how the Shire didn`t score and steal the points is beyond me.

One record we have and its a worrying one is once again we had another player sent off near the end and that makes it 4 games on the trot we have had a player sent off. Not the sort of record we want but a rash challenge by Ross Smith got him a red card.

Two points dropped today in what should have been a home win but as I keep saying if we create chances we have to take them and today was another point in fact.

A couple of decent chances?! Take off the red and white tinted spectacles. I recall the shire missing at least 8 good guilt edged chances including 2 absolute sitters from Nathan Shepherd.

Dolan indeed made some superb saves, but you clearly went watching the game when the ball was up the other end!

As the game wore on, there looked like only one winner, and we wouldn't have stolen anything.

Albion were also very lucky to only be down to 10 men.

One of the best nil games I've seen. Really enjoyed it. We didn't start well and the formation we started with was not working. Stirling were on top and Dolan had to make some cracking saves. Was really impressed with him today and he's showing why he's taken Barnards place In the team.

However once we came into the game we should have won it. So many good chances went begging especially Max Wright twice in the last ten minutes.

Thought the red card was completely justified - a scandalous foul on wee Shepherd who once again was brilliant all game. My only grip is that Dickson should have been sent packing in the first half for diving and then pushing our defender in the face in the space of 30 seconds.

Archived