Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

onecowden

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Arbroath could finish, we'd have gone in 2-0 down at half time. We didn't start the second half well and Arbroath deservedly took the lead. It wasn't until then that we started to play and we adapted to the conditions better. Good to see CJ finally getting a goal but what's the point in Chris Kane? What goes through Nish's mind when making a substitution?

Jamie Sneddon made a couple of really good, important, saves for us today. Again, our best player.

Jus to get back to the football for a moment. Don't think anyone can say there was a deserved winner. Weather was atrocious, howling gale in the first half joined by a monsoon n the second. Players and fans deserve credit for even turning up today. Pretty impossible to play a game of football in.

On to next week.

I will leave now and let the children resume.

The bottom line once again is that we can't keep blowing chances like we did today. I can think of at least 4 gilt-edged chances and we missed the target with 3 of them. A new striker has to be a priority in January.

We did well up until we scored, then stopped doing the things that were keeping us on top.

Some of the worst conditions I've seen us play in - that pitch held up amazingly well. Get those conditions at Shielfield or Glebe Park and you're not finishing the game.

The bottom line once again is that we can't keep blowing chances like we did today. I can think of at least 4 gilt-edged chances and we missed the target with 3 of them. A new striker has to be a priority in January.

We did well up until we scored, then stopped doing the things that were keeping us on top.

Some of the worst conditions I've seen us play in - that pitch held up amazingly well. Get those conditions at Shielfield or Glebe Park and you're not finishing the game.

Our pitch is outstanding at handling a lot of water. Nearly the only positive thing about the ground tbf.

You lot did pass up a lot of chances, but so did we (albeit after Arbroath). Poor poor poor from us. Not enough fight. Arbroath wanted to win more than we did today and if it wasn't for the young gun between the sticks, you might well have done so.

Archived