Explosion in Paris

G-MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its amazing the difference between UK MSM and France 24

Another word is depressing.... i remember growing up in 80s n us being very snotty about tass n eastern bloc.....our media is possibly worse these days.....essentially snp/muslim=bad.....stealing other countries reaources = peacekeeping

Surely you can see the difference between moving an tournament which was 7 years away and hadn't even been scheduled, and moving a tournament at 7 months notice when it has already been scheduled?

I can but I can also see the safety concerns people will have.

Anyone watch the interview on France 24 with the eye witness at Bataclan just there?

Harrowing stuff, incredible composure shown by the girl who explained the scene, how she escaped, how she saw others who were injured etc. Readily admitted that things haven't sunk in yet and that she didn't fully realise the severity of what was happening until after she got out and read the messages she was receiving in the aftermath.

I've not been watching Sky or the BBC for a couple of hours now, what have they been saying?

Its been sensationalist shite with ill informed hyperbole n speculation....another hour or so it'll be sturgeons fault n time to pull out of eu....the 513 channel as suggested by someone else is far better

So when could they move it to, when would it be safer? During Ramadan, when the Muslims are busy?

Moving it is silly talk. Their internal security services should review their security plans and contingencies for the tournament etc. to ensure they minimise the risk of another atrocity, absolutely, but wouldn't the risk be even higher moving the tournament somewhere with such a short amount of time to prepare?

I wasn't meaning moving it to somewhere else as that's obviously not an option. I was more meaning moving to another time of the year. It's obviously not going to be easy and probably won't happen but this is going to cause some knee-jerk reactions and statements. The Euros will most definitely be covered.

Move it when, then. Yours seems to be the most obvious knee jerk reaction.

My original statement was:

I was more trying to point out that there is actually a chance of them moving this as they have moved/will move the World Cup because of it being too hot.

So when could they move it to, when would it be safer? During Ramadan, when the Muslims are busy?

Surely you can see the difference between moving an tournament which was 7 years away and hadn't even been scheduled, and moving a tournament at 7 months notice when it has already been scheduled?

Oh dear Accies 1874. WTF

Moving it is silly talk. Their internal security services should review their security plans and contingencies for the tournament etc. to ensure they minimise the risk of another atrocity, absolutely, but wouldn't the risk be even higher moving the tournament somewhere with such a short amount of time to prepare?

Tell him that.

Its been sensationalist shite with ill informed hyperbole n speculation....another hour or so it'll be sturgeons fault n time to pull out of eu....the 513 channel as suggested by someone else is far better

Aye I've been watching that ever since Skidmarks said way back at the start, grey haired anchor is class.

I really want to turn it off but I'm struggling to, can't believe what I have seen tonight on live TV, just sitting here in shock.

Archived