PROGRAMME COLLECTORS

I know this won't interest most P&B readers but for those who are programme collectors I'm wondering if we can help each other. I've a massive collection of Montrose programmes home and away but it's hard trying to find out which away ones are genuinely missing as most lower and some higher division clubs simply didn't issue progs for many years and missed out some other seasons even after they first started. So we can end up looking for something which doesn't exist!

If you would like to post on this thread and be a contact for the team you support maybe we can put together a list of when each club started to issue programmes and which seasons/games were none issued. I can certainly tell anyone interested in finding out about any home or away game involving their team playing against Montrose.

Cheers.

PS: Sorry for butting into the LGE 1 forum - it won't happen often ( I support the MO!)

Cowdenbeath or Cowden Cowboy would be your best bet for Cowden programmes.

I am sure we did not issue any in the late 60's and also 71/72, but they would know best.

We had a spell from season 59/60 until season 68/69 that we didn't issue. Also season 75/76 and 76/77, 81/82 and 82/83.

A lot of midweek re-arranged games in the 1970s didn't have programmes unless they been printed for the original game.

First issued in season 46/47 but did not become a regular thing until 49/50. Old news paper reports from the time suggest that some sort of team card was issued in the 1920s at games but never ever seen one.

Cheers lads. Hope we can all ask you if we have a specific query about your club. Look at the League 2 forum if you have queries about Lge 2 clubs - already some Q/A's on there. Also I've posted full details of when Montrose did and did not issue progs.

We had a spell from season 59/60 until season 68/69 that we didn't issue. Also season 75/76 and 76/77, 81/82 and 82/83.

A lot of midweek re-arranged games in the 1970s didn't have programmes unless they been printed for the original game.

First issued in season 46/47 but did not become a regular thing until 49/50. Old news paper reports from the time suggest that some sort of team card was issued in the 1920s at games but never ever seen one.

Do you know if there was one issued for Cowdenbeath v East Fife, played on Wednesday, 2nd April 1975?

Also, in my records I have a programme issued for the same fixture played on Monday, 7th April 1969, although I don't have a copy. This sounds like an error on my part...

I collect programmes (don't sell) but I could try and answer any questions you have with regards to Airdrieonians.

No probs about not selling but just good to know if one at least exists. I think we might have been in touch before but do you know if the Airdrie v Montrose prog for the League Cup game on 25/08/73 was issued? That is the only Airdrie v Mo one I (think) I have missing.

Cheers.

Looks like I've more Cowden missing than for any other club. I have missing Cowden v Montrose progs for seasons 70/1, 73/4, 74/5, 79/80, 80/1, 87/8, 88/9, 93/4, 94/5 and 97/8. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the info

STRANRAER

Do any Stranraer fans know if they issued progs for 62/3, 67/8, 68/9, 73/4 and 92/3?

Seems strange I've been missing those for a long time as Stranny are one of the better clubs for issuing progs over the the years.

Cheers.

Looks like I've more Cowden missing than for any other club. I have missing Cowden v Montrose progs for seasons 70/1, 73/4, 74/5, 79/80, 80/1, 87/8, 88/9, 93/4, 94/5 and 97/8. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the info

There wasn't a 1970/71 Cowden v Montrose Prog - we didn't issue that season for League Cup ties

There wasn't a 1970/71 Cowden v Montrose Prog - we didn't issue that season for League Cup ties

You or Cowdenbeath should issue a mini booklet on Cowden programmes. Pictures of what each season's issue looked like etc.

You or Cowdenbeath should issue a mini booklet on Cowden programmes. Pictures of what each season's issue looked like etc.

[

/quote]I'll bear it in mind. I've got 37 Mo/Cowden from Links Park and 27 Cowden/Mo from your place though so it'll be a big booklet. Might be an idea for a book doing this for all my Montrose progs home and away (which would obviously cover all Cowden as well) but the problem is there are nearly 2000 of them even with a few missing.

No probs about not selling but just good to know if one at least exists. I think we might have been in touch before but do you know if the Airdrie v Montrose prog for the League Cup game on 25/08/73 was issued? That is the only Airdrie v Mo one I (think) I have missing.

Cheers.

Hi mate, there was definitely one for the league match that season. I'm not sure about the League Cup but this website is probably your best bet:

http://airdrieprogrammes.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Archived