Amazon Prime Video

grazza

Don't see a thread for this but thought might be good to have one where we discuss things on prime video that we can watch included within prime membership. Not stuff that we have to pay anything additional to watch.

Have just watched first 5 eps of The Man in the High Castle which has been excellent so far and an exclusive series to prime. Shame there is only 5 more to watch. On series 3 of Madmen and first series of Arrow also. What you watching or planning to watch, any obscure recommendations?

Don't see a thread for this but thought might be good to have one where we discuss things on prime video that we can watch included within prime membership. Not stuff that we have to pay anything additional to watch.

Have just watched first 5 eps of The Man in the High Castle which has been excellent so far and an exclusive series to prime. Shame there is only 5 more to watch. On series 3 of Madmen and first series of Arrow also. What you watching or planning to watch, any obscure recommendations?

The Man in the High Castle is brilliant, absolutely battered through most of it already.

The Man in the High Castle is absolutely fantastic - finished it last night (8 episode day - sad I know.)

Amazing. Reminded me a bit of Homeland in the slow burn, so much so I almost shat myself when someone put on a light (on screen). It was that engrossing.

Been making the most of my 6 months free student prime membership in the past few days. Watched the first 6 or so episodes of Man in the High Castle, which is engrossing stuff.

Also watched the first 3 seasons of Parks and Rec that's on it. Can't believe I've waited so long to watch it, it's absolutely hilarious. Ron Swanson is my idol. Just need to get the other 4 seasons now. I believe it's on US Netflix?

Thinking I might rewatch all of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes during Christmas.

Been making the most of my 6 months free student prime membership in the past few days. Watched the first 6 or so episodes of Man in the High Castle, which is engrossing stuff.

Also watched the first 3 seasons of Parks and Rec that's on it. Can't believe I've waited so long to watch it, it's absolutely hilarious. Ron Swanson is my idol. Just need to get the other 4 seasons now. I believe it's on US Netflix?

Thinking I might rewatch all of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes during Christmas.

Season 4 of parks and recreation was shown on Dave. I'm assuming they'll start to show season 5 at some point

The Man in the High Castle is absolutely fantastic - finished it last night (8 episode day - sad I know.)

Amazing. Reminded me a bit of Homeland in the slow burn, so much so I almost shat myself when someone put on a light (on screen). It was that engrossing.

Really kicks into gear in the last two episodes with some big historic names coming into the story.

The Trade minister ending though , wtf ?

Seen some cracking interpretations of it online.

8/10

Really kicks into gear in the last two episodes with some big historic names coming into the story.

The Trade minister ending though , wtf ?

Seen some cracking interpretations of it online.

8/10

I still don't have a clue what happened at the end

I hadn't heard of The Man in the High Castle before seeing it advertised in the cinema a couple of weeks ago, or, if I had, I'd promptly forgotten about it. The advert twigged my attention, and I watched the first couple of episodes towards the end of last week. So far, I can only recommend it to anybody who is thinking about whether they should give it a go or not. Captivating stuff.

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to watching the last episode, a great little series but it doesn't seem to have much of a story arc.

As for the ending

I thought it had been pretty well signposted that there is some 'dimension jumping' going on, that's clearly where the movies are coming from and Julia's sister reappeared after getting killed. Quite how the trade minister managed to make the jump I have no idea but they seem to imply it's related to the necklace somehow.......or the meditative state the necklace helps him attain.

There really wasn't much in the way of closure though, just about every plot thread is still running.

That's one of the main reasons why I rarely watch TV series any more.

• 2 years later...

Was going to create a thread for Amazon Prime but found this so thought I might as well bump it instead. I don't think Amazon Prime is miles behind Netflix these days in terms of content, although it's still a very non-user friendly layout. 

My girlfriend and I have recently been watching Parks and Recreation (which I've seen before and is class) and the US Office (not as good as the UK imo but still a decent watch) on it. I've also been watching Jack Ryan and Lodge 49 which I would recommend to anyone looking for a show to watch. Lodge 49 especially, it's got quite a Big Lebowski vibe to it and it stars Wyatt Russell who always impresses in everything he's in.

Anyone got any recommendations of films or TV shows to watch on it?

5 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Was going to create a thread for Amazon Prime but found this so thought I might as well bump it instead. I don't think Amazon Prime is miles behind Netflix these days in terms of content, although it's still a very non-user friendly layout. 

My girlfriend and I have recently been watching Parks and Recreation (which I've seen before and is class) and the US Office (not as good as the UK imo but still a decent watch) on it. I've also been watching Jack Ryan and Lodge 49 which I would recommend to anyone looking for a show to watch. Lodge 49 especially, it's got quite a Big Lebowski vibe to it and it stars Wyatt Russell who always impresses in everything he's in.

First series of Goliath is great the second isint as good nad as mentioned before Bosch is brilliant. Also the walking dead if free on Prime (up to the latest season) if thats your bag

I actually think that the in video viewing is outstanding on AmazonPrime and I get frustrated that Netflix dosent tell you the cast on screen or bits of music and the like. 

17 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Man in the high castle

Personally, I would say Prime is miles behind Netflix. I can flick through Netflix and find dozens of things that look of interest. Prime has maybe one or two things

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Parks and Recreation is absolutely magnificent. The first season can be a bit of a chore, but they went and fixed the problems, and produced season after season of amazing TV.

I got bored of it after 5 seasons or so - somewhere around the London episode or possibly when she quits and runs for office

Archived