Rangers still in the championship

"Prior to this decision, 60 per cent of the net profit along with a £25,000 management fee had been earmarked for the Rangers Charity Foundation, but the decision to hand control to the administrators led to the charity only receiving ten per cent of the profit - less than £40,000 - and the management fee

This meant over £191,000 that had been intended as charity donations went to Duff and Phelps"

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/news/rangers-charity-criticised-over-ac-milan-cash-1-3031799#ixzz3tkbMzKID

Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

B B B B bbbbbbut young Einstein told us that.........

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it would have been the right thing to do.

If the RCF released a statement saying D&F wanted a cut of the money, and they were cancelling the game but needed £32,000 to pay for the outgoings, the Rangers fans would have raised that money in a day or two. The trustees acted on Rangers behalf before the charity.

I could raise money for a charity and lose it in the bookies,but declare it was in good faith as if I won I would have gave the charity more.

If the game never went then the charity was losing a lot of money and no amount of whatifery can change that.

Only rangers fans I can think of are me , rob, bennet , tedi , pundit , knightswood bear , Martin and letsoduwabouncy, if I have missed any out let me know , no.8 was banned and knightswood bear never posts on here

Bradhorse deserves a mention surely.

A pretty sane Rangers voice, in my experience.

Oh the late Paul McConville, forgive me if I have no interest in reading the work or taking the word of a man who was struck off and was forced to admit over 40 counts of professional misconduct for ripping off poor miners families.

I would simply point to the reality of what happened, the charities trust did not take any action becuase ultimately they knew that the RCF being faced with shit choice 1 and shit choice 2 through no fault of its own when D & P demanded the money come to them 1st, acted in good faith and in the best interest of the charity.

Sorry, I'm calling the Rangers rule. You can't speak ill of the dead/dying and must now hold them in the highest regard as fantastic human beings.

Certain...but no proof :huh: you made it up.

Yes as Bennett correctly pointed out and you predictably ignored a D & P ran Rangers acted true to form....D & P have now been charged with Fraud and the trust took no action against the charity due to the fact they acted in good faith.

How can you hold one company, D & P, culpable for perceived wrong doing yet you say another company, Rangers, cannot be seen as culpable for it's wrong doing?

If, as you allude to, D&P were guilty of a fraud then where would that leave the assets which D&P sold to Sevco Scotland? Surely Rangers would get their stuff back?

You have to laugh...

a thread about Rangers possibly still being in the championship next season with pages and pages of Rangers obsessives trying unsuccessfully to point score and attack a charity that has raised an great deal of money for good causes....only on P & B

There's that over used worthless word again.

You have to laugh...

a thread about Rangers possibly still being in the championship next season with pages and pages of Rangers obsessives trying unsuccessfully to point score and attack a charity that has raised an great deal of money for good causes....only on P & B

Think it's time to give this thread a miss Ted? it has descended into the usual pish and drivel. Desperate point scoring by those who hate our club and support but continue to be obsessed by Rangers FC. 'Rangers in the Championship'? It's not about the football, just the inner need to feed their resentment and hostility!

They may want to ignore, but just can't! Perhaps just leave them to it?

The Ladbrokes Sponsored 'Rangers in the Premiership forum'

Would that work?

Based on the Millions and Millions that Laddies have already poured into Scottish football to secure their sponsorship, aye possibly! We all know how desperate they were to secure a deal with the SFPL, maybe they would be happy to stump up an extra few quid eh!? I'm sure Doncaster is already on the case!

Oh the late Paul McConville, forgive me if I have no interest in reading the work or taking the word of a man who was struck off and was forced to admit over 40 counts of professional misconduct for ripping off poor miners families.

I would simply point to the reality of what happened, the charities trust did not take any action becuase ultimately they knew that the RCF being faced with shit choice 1 and shit choice 2 through no fault of its own when D & P demanded the money come to them 1st, acted in good faith and in the best interest of the charity.

Paul's only defence that he wasn't corrupt was that he was inept. Did those pensioners ever get their money back?

How does that even begin to work as a response to the post of mine you quoted before it?

I'm often unsure as to why you bother.

Local team for local people, you work it out.

Local team for local people, you work it out.

Oh, I've worked it out - it wasn't exactly clever, subtle or cryptic.

It was simply a re-hashing of the prejudice reliant 'point' you'd already attempted to make.

Just seems a bit stupid and futile - that's all.

Oh, I've worked it out - it wasn't exactly clever, subtle or cryptic.

It was simply a re-hashing of the prejudice reliant 'point' you'd already attempted to make.

Just seems a bit stupid and futile - that's all.

No, you obviously had to google it.

How can you hold one company, D & P, culpable for perceived wrong doing yet you say another company, Rangers, cannot be seen as culpable for it's wrong doing?

If, as you allude to, D&P were guilty of a fraud then where would that leave the assets which D&P sold to Sevco Scotland? Surely Rangers would get their stuff back?

D & P aren't a club dafty :rolleyes:

When you look back at some old material it really clarifies that the separation of club and company is a myth

FOLLOWING the publication of a report by OSCR into an agreement regarding the proceeds of fundraising events (Rangers Legends v AC Milan Glorie match and dinner) involving the Rangers Charity Foundation and The Rangers Football Club plc (in Administration) the trustees of the Rangers Charity Foundation wish to make the following statement:

The trustees of the Rangers Charity Foundation have noted the findings of OSCR’s report and are pleased that OSCR has concluded that the decision to assign the rights of the fundraising event to the Club was done “in good faith and in the interests of the Charity given the risk that otherwise the event may not have taken place, in which case the Charity would have received no benefit at all” and their investigation is now at an end.

In the event, the Rangers Charity Foundation received £63,288 from the events in March 2012. If the events had been cancelled then the Foundation would have lost over £12,000 in pre-paid deposits and our ability to generously support worthy causes up and down the country would have undoubtedly suffered as a result.

The circumstances surrounding the period when the Club entered Administration were unprecedented for everyone connected to the Club, and the Rangers Charity Foundation was no exception.

Extensive legal advice has been sought by the Foundation during the last year in order to enable new trustees to be appointed and new aspects of governance to be established.

These actions, which are now concluded, were an inevitable consequence of the situation faced by the Foundation following the changed circumstances of the Club – whether or not an investigation by OSCR had been opened.

Whilst it is regrettable that the Foundation was never party to the premise or nature of the original complaints made to OSCR, and that this matter has taken such a long time to be concluded, the Foundation believes that supporters of the Foundation can be reassured that the Rangers Charity Foundation was and continues to be a force for good sustained in large part by the loyal support of the Rangers Family.

The generosity and charitable spirit of Rangers fans is second to none and the Foundation looks forward to further expanding its activities going forward – in Glasgow, across Scotland and throughout the world.

This was followed by a statement by the Rangers CEO, Mr Mather:-

FOLLOWING today’s report from OSCR Craig Mather, Chief Executive of Rangers Football Club said:

“This match took place during an unprecedented time for Rangers Football Club and we are delighted that OSCR concluded that the decision to assign proceeds to both the Club and the Charity Foundation was done ‘in good faith and in the interests of the Charity given the risk that otherwise the event may not have taken place, in which case the Charity would have received no benefit at all’.

“The Rangers Charity Foundation has and continues to do great work and with the support of the fans has donated over £1.1 million in cash awards to charity and over £1.9 million of in-kind support, making a combined total of over £3 million since it was set up in October 2002.”

Archived