New Preston Manager!

WhatsUpDoc

Preston pumed 6-1 in Nisbet's first game as Manager - hate to say it but I told you so!

Ok yes it's his first game, yes it's a friendly and yes Leith are a good side but getting beat 6-1 by an EOS side is embarrassing.

Heard several players are making informal enquiries behind the scenes to get away based on the standard of training and first impressions of the manager. Nisbet is a great guy but does not have the quality or knowledge required for Lowland league football - he struggled at amateur.

Going to be a very long end to the season!

A very uncompetitive kickabout game that would more or less have had jumpers for goalposts :D

Aye ok bud you called it right sack him now :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's only 3 or 4 remain from the start of the season and speaking to them I think they are away now aswell, the standard of player nizzy is taking to the panners is very poor supposedly!!

Based on league position, record this season (and last two seasons) and the fact they were smashed by city and spartans in their last two home games before the management change- I'd suggest that the quality of player their was poor well before Nisbet got there.

Preston pumed 6-1 in Nisbet's first game as Manager - hate to say it but I told you so!

Ok yes it's his first game, yes it's a friendly and yes Leith are a good side but getting beat 6-1 by an EOS side is embarrassing.

Heard several players are making informal enquiries behind the scenes to get away based on the standard of training and first impressions of the manager. Nisbet is a great guy but does not have the quality or knowledge required for Lowland league football - he struggled at amateur.

Anyone sticking the boot into Nizzy after less than a month in charge has a personal agenda against the guy.

He's probably had about 4 training sessions ffs.

If they're still in the same situation this time next year, then you can say I told you so.

Anyone sticking the boot into Nizzy after less than a month in charge has a personal agenda against the guy.

He's probably had about 4 training sessions ffs.

If they're still in the same situation this time next year, then you can say I told you so.

Exactly. Lots of work to be done but needs the time to clear up the mess left by previous post holders. Hope he gets the time- he can be grateful to Threave for how poor they are in helping him get time.

Exactly. Lots of work to be done but needs the time to clear up the mess left by previous post holders. Hope he gets the time- he can be grateful to Threave for how poor they are in helping him get time.

exactly give the man a chance for efffffs sake

Getting beat 6-1 of an EOS side is embarassing? lets be fair EOS teams have beaten Lowland teams a good few times this season in the cups and some of them have given them a run for there money not much spreading them apart as Lothian and Leith would hold there own in the Lowland Civil beating Whitehill Tynecastle only beaten by EK with a last minute goal Tynecastle beating VOL ect and friendlies mean absolutely nothing its a chance for managers to see boys who havent had a look in and to try new things

• 3 weeks later...
So what? They might be good enough to make the step up. As you stated, you don't know them.

Aye good luck to these new players,yer right I don't know them or I would nae have asked! the manager has a good bit of experience from the Edinburgh & Lothians amateur leagues so would imagine he knows who's decent and who's not.

Just you concentrate on getting your team close to them ;)

Aye good luck to these new players,yer right I don't know them or I would nae have asked! the manager has a good bit of experience from the Edinburgh & Lothians amateur leagues so would imagine he knows who's decent and who's not. Just you concentrate on getting your team close to them ;)

Ha ha - threave45 will no like that ;-)

Archived