Livi v Sons

The two of you are probably right, but there's just something inside me that thinks he could still be decent. It's probably because he was always a player I liked from his days at County and then decent loan spell at Thistle, so I was pretty delighted when we snapped him up. Or maybe it's just I'm willing him to succeed and my hope is falsely lumped on a badly faded horse.

Who knows what the future, I'd have the Broph over him no question, but for every Eamonn Brophy and Chris Kane there's a Chris Duggan and a Gary Smith.

In other news whatever happened to Stevie Ross? Is he still alive?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two of you are probably right, but there's just something inside me that thinks he could still be decent. It's probably because he was always a player I liked from his days at County and then decent loan spell at Thistle, so I was pretty delighted when we snapped him up. Or maybe it's just I'm willing him to succeed and my hope is falsely lumped on a badly faded horse.

Who knows what the future, I'd have the Broph over him no question, but for every Eamonn Brophy and Chris Kane there's a Chris Duggan and a Gary Smith.

In other news whatever happened to Stevie Ross? Is he still alive?

The issue for me is that he is decent. Or certainly was. You don't become a bad player that rapidly.

For me it's the fact that he seems to show little fight or effort and doesn't want to work for the team, but he wants everyone else to work for him.

As an example, there's a massive gulf in ability between someone like Steven Craig and everyone's favourite utility player, Iain Chisholm. Undebatably so. However, if there's a choice as to who I'd pick in my side (position aside) it's no contest.

Most extraordinary hat trick ever!

I'm a little concerned about the outcome of - Jack Ross to Alloa, Alex Rae to St Mirren and probably someone of a similar calibre to Livi.

We might have to up our game even more for the rest of the season if the three teams below us get a lift from having new Managers.....

Fully expect St Mirren to pick up now they have a new man appointed but I think the problems at Alloa and Livi run deeper than the manager. Both of those sides would need to strengthen significantly in January, more so Alloa.

We equally need to be shrewd in the transfer window. Keeping hold of Lindsay and Barr being a priority, and strengthening up front.

I'm fairly content with our points tally over the first half of the season, albeit our excellent start and recent run of form masks some poor performances in between. I reckon we will pick up a similar tally over the second half which should see us well clear of bottom spot and confident of at least 8th.

Archived