Rangers vs Hibs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Train to the city centre, drinks in the spoons with the bar in the circle round the middle of the pub looking into the square and a taxi for a sky diver shared isn't the worst idea mate, avoid the underground at all costs but there's nothing like getting off the train from the capital into Glasgow with your scarf on.

Will be getting the subway on the way back. Just need to hide my scarf.

Yes that would be perfect for Falkirk. Nobody wants to see players getting injured however you could have hoped for that as well! Remember some may come to an informed decision after the match that neither of them will win the league. I assume some other fans will have already come to that decision! ????

Is still think it's a bit early to be making any predictions either way to be honest. Top 3 have all another set of home and away games against each other before the season ends. I think who does what in terms of signings in January will be a good measure of how teams will fare in the run in. Probably by the end of February it will be much clearer.

Rangers could add players who present a genuine plan b opportunity, maybe a target man type up front? (if Warburton wants this off course)

Hibs have a very good depth to the squad but I can see them bringing in some fresh blood with some of the fringe players being let go. Feruz must be heading back down south given he's not featured much and reports of his attitude being wrong.

Falkirk probably be doing well to keep the likes of Vaulks and Leahy, and to give ourselves a decent chance need to add a bit depth wherever we can get the right quality- but ideally right back and left or right mid. Would take a good striker if the opportunity arose though.

Back on topic game has the makings of a festive classic, so hopefully it isn't an anticlimax.!

Yes agree on the final outcome tho we may not get a clearer picture until April. The transfer window in and out in January will obviously have a bearing. The point I was really trying to initially make is that at the present time the debate is who is the better team Rangers or Hibs. All things even Monday may give fans the answer.

Yes agree on the final outcome tho we may not get a clearer picture until April. The transfer window in and out in January will obviously have a bearing. The point I was really trying to initially make is that at the present time the debate is who is the better team Rangers or Hibs. All things even Monday may give fans the answer.

Fair point. I really can't accept the way Stubbs conducts himself. I think though that Hibs are the better team, and if they had a better manager would be ahead of Rangers by a few points by now.

The issue with Rangers is the single plan A. Not that plan b is do plan A better, just that plan A isn't that good to start with - come up against a side with a reasonably solid back line and the we'll score more than you philosophy crumbles as the forwards aren't that great (no doubt extremely good quality, just not good enough to split defences across the league).

I'd be interested to see how Warburton would play things in a cup game against a top 6 team as they'd be a step up from your average championship fixture.

Fair point. I really can't accept the way Stubbs conducts himself. I think though that Hibs are the better team, and if they had a better manager would be ahead of Rangers by a few points by now.

The issue with Rangers is the single plan A. Not that plan b is do plan A better, just that plan A isn't that good to start with - come up against a side with a reasonably solid back line and the we'll score more than you philosophy crumbles as the forwards aren't that great (no doubt extremely good quality, just not good enough to split defences across the league).

I'd be interested to see how Warburton would play things in a cup game against a top 6 team as they'd be a step up from your average championship fixture.

Poor trolling.

I agree about Plan A as its been widely named. Tho as I've ranted since the very first league match v St Mirren. It isn't a formation to leave you're two CBs exposed for 90 mins and expected to cover the width of park without the support of at least one full back. I honestly don't believe Warburton will change or he would have changed it by now. I see it if he tightens up the back four by only letting one full back attack at a time then when the ball is cleared Rangers would recover the ball easier and mount another attack rather than an opposition striker with acres of space causing Rangers problems. I guarantee if a coach was being supervised for his coaching badges and consistently played this bizarre formation he would fail!

Archived