Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

Aye and look how easily they could kill that atmosphere by banning us taking the drum into Links Park? I just think fans should be able to do what they want to do. People constantly taking the Polices side, who'd rather we were all Arsenal fans and treated football like a theatre, just piss me off

Aye because throwing burning pyro around a crowded area is safe as f**k ya nugget

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the atmosphere at British games is terrible compared to European games, and anytime some young lads try to create one everyone just takes the Polices side. All of the issues you raised would be solved by making them legal in certain areas of the ground

Alternatively you could save yourself the price of entry to the game by just finding a bit of spare ground to immolate each other to your heart’s content.

The ultra thing works in a European context, but imported over here normally just looks like a couple of dozen wee knobbers seeing who can shout “look at me” the loudest.

Don't understand folk that say flares add atmosphere . Are they not silent ?

They don't. It's the defence of the double figure IQ to be honest.

Flares have no place in football stadiums, particularly near plastic pitches as an aside, and anyone letting one off should be dealt with to the full extent possible.

Aye and look how easily they could kill that atmosphere by banning us taking the drum into Links Park? I just think fans should be able to do what they want to do. People constantly taking the Polices side, who'd rather we were all Arsenal fans and treated football like a theatre, just piss me off

I take the side of the police because they're illegal. So that immediately causes a problem for my club or any other where they are used by supporters.

When or if they become legal, I'll reserve the right to change my mind. But this will cost us huge amounts of money going forward because we'll need to ensure that we do everything possible to comply with the law as a club. That means shelling out for extra stewarding at every semi important fixture where, up to now, our support has policed itself.

There are probably less than half a dozen even among the 40 or so in that area who actually caused the problem. And that half dozen are going to divert a whole heap of cash away from investment in the team or wider infrastructure. Top class support that'll turn out to be. But as long as they got pished and had a laugh they'll be giving not a single f**k.

Is this boy an Arbroath fan? and their wee fanny pretend ultras have a drum? - meh goad

Is this boy an Arbroath fan? and their wee fanny pretend ultras have a drum? - meh goad

I hope you're not being serious by calling them that, the young lads are fantastic and never ever involved in trouble. They've been thanked by the club and players on many occasion and can make Gayfield a much more enjoyable place for home games.

Calling them fannies is extremely harsh and unfair.

Eta: the club has actually started doing special hospitality packages on certain match days for 15-17 year olds because of them. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about by abusing them in the way you have. Which is surprising consider you visit so many grounds and a young Dundee player, who you speak to going by your Twitter, is also friends with all of them and joins them when he can at games.

I hope you're not being serious by calling them that, the young lads are fantastic and never ever involved in trouble. They've been thanked by the club and players on many occasion and can make Gayfield a much more enjoyable place for home games.

Eta: the club has actually started doing special hospitality packages on certain match days for 15-17 year olds because of them. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about by abusing them in the way you have. Which is surprising consider you visit so many grounds and a young Dundee player, who you speak to going by your Twitter, is also friends with all of them and joins them when he can at games.

Think there's a mix up there, Davidy thinking the poster Bristol city is an Arbroath fan is how I read it.

They have a drum - I rest my case - I thought it was just Montrose locally who were into that sort of thing

Still I'll see for myself on Saturday when your team is vastly improved by young Josh

PS: Young Dundee player you refer to from Arbroath?

Archived