Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

The chairman has made a total erse of the whole thing. Dick should've been given January to move 4 or 5 players out and replace them and if it didn't work out, it was time for him to move on with dignity in the summer.

Instead (despite the so called "high calibre" of applicants he brings in bolan, whilst it's not his fault he has to then take the whole of January to realise the squad needed an overhaul. In that time we've lost more games and look doomed in the league and the embarrassment tonight.

Anyone that thinks hill is even close to rab as a goalkeeper knows absolutely nothing about football.

Shambles

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chairman has made a total erse of the whole thing. Dick should've been given January to move 4 or 5 players out and replace them and if it didn't work out, it was time for him to move on with dignity in the summer.

Instead (despite the so called "high calibre" of applicants he brings in bolan, whilst it's not his fault he has to then take the whole of January to realise the squad needed an overhaul. In that time we've lost more games and look doomed in the league and the embarrassment tonight.

Anyone that thinks hill is even close to rab as a goalkeeper knows absolutely nothing about football.

Shambles

Well said

I said yesterday I didn't think Forfar would win,there is no cutting edge they get to the box and run out of ideas,,what was the point of putting on Kerr hay with 5 minutes left,the game was very poor but Linlithgow deserved to win,how can a team that was top of the league end up as this embarrassing lot

Guest bernardblack

Clearout.......lets hear who they are then?

Baxter

Yano

Nichol

Hodge

Young

Smith

Smith might be harsh but he offers very little

Baxter

Yano

Nichol

Hodge

Young

Smith

Baxter

Yano

Nichol

Hodge

Young

Smith

Baxter and Yano........the only 2 who play with their heart on the sleeve?? Unbefuckingleavable

Have we scored yet?

Had it went to penalties I suspect it would have finished 3-0 to the Rose.

Not all doom and gloom as some would have it, just a complete lack of being able to put the ball in the net. We must have had near 20 corners and only threatened with one of them and that was because of a fluffed clearance.

Back 4 defended well, distribution could have been better, midfield ok but Young should have been subbed after 90, he was gubbed. Omar not very good going forward but covered well coming back, Danny had an off day and Hodge was as frustrating as always, what does he actually bring to the team in a positive sense?

Swankie still showing signs of improvement, but like Young, was gubbed after 90 minutes and should have been subbed. Martin ran his heart out.

For Rose, the back 4 were absolutely solid, Keeper played well, midfield harried and supported well in attack and up front caused problems all night.

Well done to the Juniors, best of luck in the next round.

Not going to disagree with much on here already. Desperate for a proper #9. So many crosses in the first half in particular and no one breaking their necks to get in he box. No surprise really, we've been saying it since the season started. Dick left us in it with the squad he started the season with.

Have to say I thought it was a poor game. Linlithgow actually impressed me more in the first game. Don't think they got to grips with the wind in the first half at all. Most around me (loons and rose fans) were leaning towards the Rose keeper as man of the match, so that says something about where a lot of the action was.

Bollan really doesn't seem to like making substitutions does he? You'd think that if the team he put out, can't score in 90, you could realistically freshen things up. Agree that Young looked like his legs had gone by the end of normal time.

As for the arguments about Rab and Sanny - pointless really but here goes my tuppence...Sanny scored 2 goals this season and probably had a direct hand in as many, despite playing in nearly every game under Dick. Rab sold more goals this season, than in the last 5 seasons combined!

Whatever the answer is to Forfar's woes, those two on their present form were not it.

Got to give the manager a decent chance to change it...it's not his squad. He promised to give every player a chance and by my reckoning only Malin, Kennedy and King are still to make an appearance under him.

The signs are definitely there - some of the football under Dick was dreadful - are people really forgetting that.

Congratulations to Rose on getting through. Enjoy your trip up North...again.

Adams had 2 or 3 saves to make but nothing out of the ordinary. Rose man of match had to be Shirra or Weir.

Don't think any player deserves special mention - they were all immense.

When I saw the team - 4 centre forwards, a centre mid at right back I feared the worse. Even more so as Batchy struggled early doors but by Christ he is a quick learner and looked by the end of the game he had played there for years.

Kelbie for me is very underrated by many and showed tonight he has a part to play - and what a part.

The roar at the goal was deafening and to hear the whole ground burst into song at the end was superb.

Good luck to Forfar for the future as the people I have met have been top notch and loved the banter with Dogs Bollox a top notch fisherman!!!

Baxter and Yano........the only 2 who play with their heart on the sleeve?? Unbefuckingleavable

If we only had another 10 yanos , we wouldn't be where we are now , he makes mistakes like any other player but always gives 100 percent ,

He had a bad game at Arbroath and was sent off , ever since then he's given everything for the jersey

The clown probably didn't rate Jimmy Liddle either

Archived