Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers folks. We have been short on defenders this season so it seemed a bit strange loaning him out. Sounds like he is not quite there yet though, but I guess as you say he will hopefully continue to develop.

In our league teams tend to try and press the Rose and get in their faces, coming from youth football into this level is probably a massive learning curve for the lad. He has improved during his time with us and he may even look a better player in the SFl1/2 when he will get a bit more time on the ball.

I had a wee thought about the "flare incident" at the first game. Surely a precedent was set when flares were set off at the Scotland v Poland World Cup Qualifier. So whatever punishment the SFA got should set precedence over what they do with other clubs !!

UEFA imposed a £14k fine for a game with 50k attendance so a game with £1k attendance would be approx £300 pro rata. Interestingly the SFA got fines, not Poland ( I am not suggesting Forfar pick up the tab btw )

I had a wee thought about the "flare incident" at the first game. Surely a precedent was set when flares were set off at the Scotland v Poland World Cup Qualifier. So whatever punishment the SFA got should set precedence over what they do with other clubs !!

UEFA imposed a £14k fine for a game with 50k attendance so a game with £1k attendance would be approx £300 pro rata. Interestingly the SFA got fines, not Poland ( I am not suggesting Forfar pick up the tab btw )

The Rose are not going to get fined and neither are Forfar.

UEFA apply strict liability; the SFA don't. There's no way anyone can say Forfar or Rose did anything wrong in the arrangements for or handling of this match, so there's no case for either being punished.

Archived