J'accuse! Aberdeen F.C. and Bottle

If Aberdeen are to have any hope of challenging Celtic for the title, they need to be more clinical against the other teams in the league. Todays game was an opportunity to put pressure on a sub standard Celtic side and they failed to capitalise. And this is why Celtic will still win the league in a canter.

Our record against the other 10 teams is remarkably similar to Celtic's over the past two seasons. It's the head-to-head games between the sides that have made the difference.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Aberdeen are to have any hope of challenging Celtic for the title, they need to be more clinical against the other teams in the league. Todays game was an opportunity to put pressure on a sub standard Celtic side and they failed to capitalise. And this is why Celtic will still win the league in a canter.

This is true, but realistically we don't have any hope of challenging. So that's that.

I didn't realise they had any ambitions to compete with Celtic for the title, certainly haven't heard any.

They won’t come out and say it publicly, however, I have no doubts that the manager and the players will have spoken about it privately. This is the most unsettled Celtic team in years and if any team were to mount a challenge, this was the year to do it. However, sadly it will never happen and this very average Celtic side will win the title with room to spare.

They won’t come out and say it publicly, however, I have no doubts that the manager and the players will have spoken about it privately. This is the most unsettled Celtic team in years and if any team were to mount a challenge, this was the year to do it. However, sadly it will never happen and this very average Celtic side will win the title with room to spare.

We've seen this said (highlighted) so many times now, every season since Rangers went bust. I would have thought last season would have been the one with Celtic going through a transitional period maybe not to win the title but get really close to Celtic and it was good to see the league wasn't a one horse race at least up until the split. Aberdeen hit a bad run on the run in and you don't see Celtic doing that. Your last part is likely going to come true but you can only guess on what is said by managers and players. At the start of the season most teams will set out their bottom line, Aberdeen's would be to make sure they are challenging for 2nd.

This Motherwell defeat has maybe given some hope but, I would not be surprised if Celtic now go on a run of 5 or 6 straight wins including their 2 games in hand.

Archived