Making a Murderer

ICTChris

Just watching the oj Simpson program. It does seem weird that again a lot of the case is played out in the media. It seems a strange form of justice there where the DA can go shouting their mouth off about details of the case on TV. You'd have thought that wouldn't be allowed for fear of prejudicing the jury.

Am I right in saying that's not allowed over here?

Just watching the oj Simpson program. It does seem weird that again a lot of the case is played out in the media. It seems a strange form of justice there where the DA can go shouting their mouth off about details of the case on TV. You'd have thought that wouldn't be allowed for fear of prejudicing the jury.

Am I right in saying that's not allowed over here?

dunno if its allowed or not, but i cannot think of ever seeing the crown prosecution appearing on TV running their mouths

This new lawyer that's taken on his case is certainly making lots of noises -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35753784/steven-averys-lawyer-claims-airtight-alibi-in-making-a-murderer-case

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/making-murderer-stunning-evidence-shows-7527452

I can see why they're already talking about a season 2. 

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching the People vs OJ Simpson drama on BBC. Crazy to think Avery was found guilty when OJ was found innocent. It still haunts me to picture Avery and Dassey stuck behind bars every day.

The polarising public perception on both cases is interesting. OJ was a beloved athlete/movie star/celebrity and Stephen Avery was a white trash criminal. Guess which one got off?

The Jinx sounds good.

SA's new lawyer has been bullish as f**k recently about his chances. Major offensive incoming it seems.

The jinx is excellent.

It's only six episodes so it's not a slog to get through.

Finally watched 'The Jinx' last night and I'd highly recommend it to anyone that enjoyed MaM. Probably not quite as good IMO, but still a great watch.

I actually think The Jinx is a far more complex, ambiguous and compelling series.

Complex and ambiguous I'd agree, I was probably more compelled to keep watching MaM.

I think it was because I knew nothing about the Jinx case, whereas I had heard a bit about MaM.

Whichever, I think it's important to avoid reading up on the stories prior to watching the series.

I loved the jinx more than making a murderer.

I only watched the jinx finally a month or so ago and I was really into it despite remembering the ending being all over the press when it first aired, but knowing what was coming didn't ruin my enjoyment one bit because it was just that interesting getting to that point.

I think it was because I knew nothing about the Jinx case, whereas I had heard a bit about MaM.

Whichever, I think it's important to avoid reading up on the stories prior to watching the series.

I was the opposite so that probably accounts for the difference of opinion. Also, I started watching The Jinx with someone, and after the first episode they went away and googled it and read up on it. I thought it was absolutely bizarre behaviour as it takes so much away from the programme. Whilst I was watching MaM the same guy blurted out what the end verdict was and when I went mental about him ruining the end he said "sorry I assumed you knew" despite the fact that I was talking about what could happen next and not having a clue.

I was, and still am, quite seething about it. Really odd behaviour from the guy.

I watched the first episode of The Jinx last night and couldn't really get into it. Going to keep watching though because there's something captivating about Robert Durst that makes me want to see how much of a psychopath he is.

Just finished watching this. Wasn't sure about it to begin with but by the end I was hooked. Lenk and Colborn pissed me off from the beginning (especially Colborn), and I found myself getting annoyed with Kratz too, what a wee twat he made himself out to be. Strang and Buting are legends though.

I just hope that Steven gets out before his parents pass on, I actually felt sorry for them the most.

Not sure what else they could come up with in a second series, unless it's new evidence or Steven and Brendan get released, but we wouldn't need Netflix to tell us that!!

I watched the first episode of The Jinx last night and couldn't really get into it. Going to keep watching though because there's something captivating about Robert Durst that makes me want to see how much of a psychopath he is.

It's well worth it. After episode two, it transforms into a completely different show.