Making a Murderer

ICTChris

Recently finished the second season of this and its far too long. Would have been much better as 2 or 3 episodes rather than be stretched over 10. There's a 5 min segment where all it is Avery's parents shouting "what?" at each other as they cook dinner!

There is no chance either them are ever getting out. Kathleen has picked up a lot of stuff that I think would have made a huge difference to Avery's trial with the stuff about Bobby Dassey being the most important. Regardless, the courts & judges will just keep rejecting it as there is no way they'll want to acknowledge all the mistakes made in such a high profile case.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

They also won't want to risk another multi-million dollar suit against them upon their release - cheaper and more convenient to leave them in prison.

They would possibly consider an alford plea rather than this dragging on and on year after year but according to Zellner Averey would never agree to it but Dassey might be different, if I were them I would 100% do it even if I knew I didn't commit the crime, life's too short!

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Recently finished the second season of this and its far too long. Would have been much better as 2 or 3 episodes rather than be stretched over 10. There's a 5 min segment where all it is Avery's parents shouting "what?" at each other as they cook dinner!

There is no chance either them are ever getting out. Kathleen has picked up a lot of stuff that I think would have made a huge difference to Avery's trial with the stuff about Bobby Dassey being the most important. Regardless, the courts & judges will just keep rejecting it as there is no way they'll want to acknowledge all the mistakes made in such a high profile case.

That bit was fantastic :lol:

A lot of the series showed the impact its had on the parents and family

That bit was fantastic [emoji38]
A lot of the series showed the impact its had on the parents and family
I feel so sorry for the mother and father the whole family except the dassey side not including brendan, they fuckers know more that they are letting on,

Finally managed to watch season 2 agree with previois comments that it dragged out too much. Found myself losing interest whenever they went to the family or the prison phone calls.

I cant see any of them getting out as i just cant see the state admitting they were wrong. How anyone can look at the video of Brandons confession and think that's voluntary is crazy.

I also dont get how everyone seems so indifferent about the search history on Bobby Dassey's computer. His mum and Tadych dont seem that fussed, neither do the police! 

There is definately too many coincidences and questions for there to be no reasonable doubt. If Zellner had defended the original case i reckon he would have got off.

It's the old story of the police/state/council wherever you are, convicting someone, even if it's the wrong someone, so the victims family/media/government are happy.

Zellner appears to have a shit-tonne of evidence completely exonerating the pair, and all the lads who fought to put them in jail, and keep them there, are shitting themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finished season 2, really enjoyed both of them. Agree with above about dragging out season 2, I fast forwarded through a lot of season 2 with the family stuff.

At the end of season 1, I was happy that Avery probably did do but the cops helped the case along planting evidence (key, car etc.) The was so many things that you couldn't just put it down to a conspiracy but the prosecution had huge holes in it (the no blood in the trailer and garage except them claiming she was killed there) I was amazed that there wasn't more made of Colburn and know the license plate / make and year of car before they had found it. he is one dodgy fucker! The bullet stuff was unreal too, they completely changed protocol because they had nothing and needed something. I also want to add that Ken Kratz is a grade A c**t!! doesn't surprise me he is a sleazy b*****d.

Brendan's conviction was just ridiculous. When his own lawyer hung him out to dry that was shocking. The lawyer was doing all he could to help the prosecution, probably was planning on running for the DA's office. I am pretty sure if Brendan had Steven's lawyers he would have been found not guilty.

Then came season 2 and now I am convinced that Avery is innocent, Zellner has completely ripped up the prosecution case and done the police's work for them.  She has debunked all their theories and "evidence" and came up with a plausible story of how the crime happened. Her stuff with the burn pit and bullet should have been easy for the prosecution to do themselves as well as tracing her phone. I was convinced the ex-boyfriend had a part in it, the woman finding the car after being guided by God just didn't sit well with me.  If anyone can get him off it will be Zellner (although she looks like Skeletor)  Dassey needs to catch a break, I find it amazing that the 7 judges can have such wildly different views on the interviews but because a simple majority said it was ok then that's it finished for him. Not sure what more can be done for him without Zellner getting Avery out, but I am sure that  Laura Nirider (wid) will find a way. WTF was Kachinsky all about crying at the blue ribbon pictures??

Interested to see how the Colburn lawsuit goes, I would assume he will have to take the stand and say he never planted evidence.