The Deep Web

Anyone been on this? Been watching/reading a lot about it.

Seems like a dark and creepy place, is it as bad as its made out to be?

I wouldn't say so. The marketplaces are pretty astonishing viewing and it's pretty obvious people treat it like a proper well run business. Obviously a lot of dodgy sites too - as with the standard internet - but just don't go looking for them and you'll be fine.

Tor's a c**t for your hard-drive though, word of warning

I wouldn't say so. The marketplaces are pretty astonishing viewing and it's pretty obvious people treat it like a proper well run business. Obviously a lot of dodgy sites too - as with the standard internet - but just don't go looking for them and you'll be fine.

What do you mean by that?

Have a good hard drive. Still think i'll steer clear. Knowing my luck i'll be searching for cheap smack and end up seeing something I wish I hadn't.

What do you mean by that?

About a month after installing my hard drive started failing, had to get it replaced but thankfully it was under warranty. Given I only use my laptop for work stuff I'm pretty certain that's what done it.

Have a good hard drive. Still think i'll steer clear. Knowing my luck i'll be searching for cheap smack and end up seeing something I wish I hadn't.

It's pretty interesting at first glance but that's really it, wouldn't bother wasting my time unless that's your aim. Like I said, it made my laptop slow as hell too

About a month after installing my hard drive started failing, had to get it replaced but thankfully it was under warranty. Given I only use my laptop for work stuff I'm pretty certain that's what done it.

It's pretty interesting at first glance but that's really it, wouldn't bother wasting my time unless that's your aim. Like I said, it made my laptop slow as hell too

Its just a browser, built on the same Mozilla tech as Firefox. Its highly unlikely it, alone, goosed your HD.

The deep web is mostly just full of corporate business information that they dont think people care about or need to see.

The deep web is anything that a search engine can't index. My Facebook page is part of the deep web for example. No matter how much you try and "Google" it you won't find it.

What I think the original poster was alluding to was the dark web where you need to use things like Tor to access.

I've never browsed the dark web myself but I've watched a few Youtube channels like SomeOrdinaryGamer - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_NnG4jzzKohor2G8liXfgfRboMRGtO-f

He has come across some creepy stuff. However he has done a video recently looking at some of the stuff he has viewed before and tried to discover the source behind it. Quite a few of the videos he found on the dark web can be traced back to "normal" internet sources.

Archived