Favourite thing about amateur?

Wellman86

I've played junior in the prem and first div, and amateur latterly. The camaraderie in amateur is different class when you're playing with genuine mates. It's even better when you and your mates are a decent team and win things as genuine unpaid amateurs.

I found there to be too many 'billy big time' p***ks in junior who went on like mercenary pros, turning up on Saturday with earphones on, their Louis Vuitton toilet bag and only hanging around long enough after a match to get their money. Amateur football is much better for the social aspect in my experience.

I've played junior in the prem and first div, and amateur latterly. The camaraderie in amateur is different class when you're playing with genuine mates. It's even better when you and your mates are a decent team and win things as genuine unpaid amateurs.

I found there to be too many 'billy big time' p***ks in junior who went on like mercenary pros, turning up on Saturday with earphones on, their Louis Vuitton toilet bag and only hanging around long enough after a match to get their money. Amateur football is much better for the social aspect in my experience.

Ditto mate, even at some amateur teams theirs too many billy big baws " i was at celtic/rangers etc " aye no worries mate but your still playing in the same team as me and i wasnt!

Alot better feeling winning stuff with your mates!

Probably one of the best posts I've seen on this forum. 100% correct mate played with a few prima donnas in my time. Mostly at junior level. Louis Vuitton bags hahaha

I opened this thread thinking you were talking about another kind of amateur.

I was going to say "realism" and the fact that "you might know them".

But you were talking about football so I was wrong.

I opened this thread thinking you were talking about another kind of amateur.

I was going to say "realism" and the fact that "you might know them".

But you were talking about football so I was wrong.

Now that would be an interesting thread ????????????

I don't/didn't play but I get to see a few amateur games and for me it is watching some unknown (to me) team from some other town coming to Greenock, usually you ending up watching a good game, seen some cracking teams and seeing some very good individual performances. That is why I enjoy these games.

ETA I seen Harestanes? Down the Battery park (Greenock) a while ago and I was pretty impressed by them as a team, I don't know or can remember many players by name but I seen another game, same venue and there was a midfielder I think was playing for Oban I think, he had a great game that day but you do see some good players at most games, there is a good amount of genuine talent at this level.

Archived