Dumbarton v Queens

Could be. Its snowing quite heavily now and I guess they probably didnt use the salt fora Heston game as its ours & quite expensive. Pretty comfortable that a Queens game would have been on though. Annan is still on

Yeah, makes sense to only use it for Queens first team games.

Been out, but I see games at Alloa and Stenny have been abandoned.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, makes sense to only use it for Queens first team games.

Been out, but I see games at Alloa and Stenny have been abandoned.

To be fair I doubt any game at Palmerston would have finished today. Even if the pitch itself was ok the amount of snow would probably have seen it impossible to keep the lines clear. I went to Annan where they got through 90 mins but 30 mins into each half you couldnt really see the lines. Pretty sure the ref would have abandoned if East Fife hadnt been winning comfortably. And the snow is much worse in Dumfries than in Annan.

I'd much rather our game was called off in the morning than have it abandoned during the second half.

There's some amount of rage over on the Alloa vs Morton thread about it.

I'd have been quite happy for our match last week to have been abandoned.

If we weren't still in the cup we could have played it 1st saturday in Feb. I think you lot have a free week then

Nah as Broony says, we got ourselves knocked out so we could rearrange a St Mirren postponement in there. :P

To answer the question I doubt it will be anytime soon. The SPFL has no actual rule about the rearrangement of postponed games unlike the old SFL which insisted on them being the next but one midweek except between Xmas and the first Saturday in February. However, they have said in the past that they will abide by that old rule and not insist on earlier rearrangements and they just left clubs to sort out the ones from before Xmas mutually as there is no real fixture pile up. There's no real point in trying to rearrange a midweek game in Dumbarton any time soon as it just risks the same happening again. I'd have thought late Feb or March would be more likely though we do already have a scheduled midweek game in March.

Now that is just a bit silly :thumbsdown ....we'll stand or fall by our own efforts, as it should be.

Ultimately our results are what matters but you still want to see those around you failing to win, that's beauty of a league. The less pressure on us the better.

I'm fully in the 'pleased' contingent after yesterday's abandoned match. A certain Mr Ross has been involved in a drastic revival before...

There's been a suggestion that it could be played on sat 26th March.

It's an international break that weekend. However with Queens due to take on Rangers and us playing Hibs. Is there a chance both of our opponents ask for postponements.

It's a bit of a long shot right enough and would need some planning. I'm not sure what kind of notice is required by clubs when requesting postponements.

There's been a suggestion that it could be played on sat 26th March.

It's an international break that weekend. However with Queens due to take on Rangers and us playing Hibs. Is there a chance both of our opponents ask for postponements.

It's a bit of a long shot right enough and would need some planning. I'm not sure what kind of notice is required by clubs when requesting postponements.

Not the daftest idea if indeed both clubs are without a game that weekend. Didn't realise that was an international weekend. Bit of a pest if we have to go to Ibrox midweek too.

That is comfortably the coldest I have ever been at a football match. The car was reading -4c when I got to the ground.

I remember traveling to Stirling Albion, midweek, paying tov get in, then remembering I'd forgotten my jacket from the car thinking I'd be fine, I wasn't, Baltic, we won though,i think

That is comfortably the coldest I have ever been at a football match. The car was reading -4c when I got to the ground.

Me too! Despite boots and two pairs of hillwalking socks. Would have been warmer walking up the Ochils.

As far as I remember, Alloa called in a UEFA official to inspect their pitch to put pressure on the ref to get the game to go ahead

midweek. Don't think the Saturday ref was very experienced. He certainly got on the job training, thanks to Alloa - and it was much colder

on the Tuesday night.

Archived