Rangers vs Killie

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't see over confidence from any of the Bears on this thread. Yep we had the chances to win the tie last Saturday, it matters little now going into the replay. I'd expect us both to be on the even money mark at KO.[/quote

It didn't really surprise me before and during the Killie match that we failed to score. Yes it was the first match without scoring but it is clear that comparing early in the season several different Rangers players were scoring however that has changed over the last couple of months. Oduwa wasn't scoring. Law Shiels Halliday Holt MacKay aren't scoring frequently. Wallace and Tavernier now playing more defensively ( thank goodness) means less goals for. At set plays Ball Wilson Kiernan aren't goal scoring CBs. As for Zelamen! Miller and Waghorn have pulled us through plus one of the fore mentioned in each game. And yes that is all you need but when it needs more than that when playing against a better team Hibs at Easter Road St Johnstone Kilmarnock at Ibrox (only 2 goals scored) or a team defensively well set up Rangers have struggled to score. That's why I was shouting for a striker to be signed in January. Let's see what OHalloran and King tho he plays more wide will do. No pressure then. ????

Don't see over confidence from any of the Bears on this thread. Yep we had the chances to win the tie last Saturday, it matters little now going into the replay. I'd expect us both to be on the even money mark at KO.[/quote

It didn't really surprise me before and during the Killie match that we failed to score. Yes it was the first match without scoring but it is clear that comparing early in the season several different Rangers players were scoring however that has changed over the last couple of months. Oduwa wasn't scoring. Law Shiels Halliday Holt MacKay aren't scoring frequently. Wallace and Tavernier now playing more defensively ( thank goodness) means less goals for. At set plays Ball Wilson Kiernan aren't goal scoring CBs. As for Zelamen! Miller and Waghorn have pulled us through plus one of the fore mentioned in each game. And yes that is all you need but when it needs more than that when playing against a better team Hibs at Easter Road St Johnstone Kilmarnock at Ibrox (only 2 goals scored) or a team defensively well set up Rangers have struggled to score. That's why I was shouting for a striker to be signed in January. Let's see what OHalloran and King tho he plays more wide will do. No pressure then. ????

Holt scored 5 in 9 before he got injured. He's been a massive miss.

Holt was a massive miss. This is exactly my point the other ' midfielders' didn't step up to the plate. The goalies especially in the 3 matches I mentioned had little to do. I do think our final pass most of the time is not clinical enough to create enough chances and when they are we are not finishing enough. As said our 3 most difficult matches so far resulted in only scoring 2, drawing 1 and losing 2.

Archived