Rangers vs Killie

How many Ex Killie stars will turn out for the Glasgow team, Keirnan?, Forrester?, Bell?,

I guess we have done somethings Rangers have not, including Winning the Scottish Cup at Ibrox, unless of course the rules were manipulated previously.

When did Rangers last have an away tie in the Scottish? Just asking

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you lot not just boycott your matches anyway?

Sort of ......but this what you get when the product on the park is poor and the board are a bunch of arseholes .

Remind me again what was your attendances in the seaside leagues ? 45,000 season tickets surely

Remind me again what the fans thought of your board/s ? And what was their actions?

I admit some Killie fans did do walking away but apparently rangers didn't .

Go figure

I guess we have done somethings Rangers have not, including Winning the Scottish Cup at Ibrox

Not an impressive statistic given the finals are usually played at Hampden. Although you're probably the only club to win the Scottish Cup at Parkhead and Ibrox.

Rangers have won the league at Rugby Park a few times though, which is ideal given your club lets Rangers fans turn the place into a mini Ibrox. :)

Prepare for the 'that wisnae this ranjurs'

I know.

But technically, if we are to go along with the 'that wasn't Rangers' theory... then it was indeed Rangers and the club about to play Kilmarnock this season isn't Rangers.

So the point still stands, haha :)

That said, I don't really mind if it or isn't the same club. My focus now is Rangers going forward. Sure, it's nice to say you've won this or that but it's no consolation if the club isn't able to win trophies in the here and now. You end up getting stuck in the past like an Aberdeen or a Dundee United.

But technically, if we are to go along with the 'that wasn't Rangers' theory... then it was indeed Rangers and the club about to play Kilmarnock this season isn't Rangers.

So the point still stands, haha :)

That said, I don't really mind if it or isn't the same club.

Ooooffttt.

And you probably weren't even there :lol:

I wasn't.

I did go to Rugby Park later in 2011 (the following season) and we lost 1-0. I think that was the first time we lost there in the league since the early 90's. Before that I was there in (2009?) and we drew 0-0. Not had much joy considering it's a stadium we always win at. :)

I wasn't.

I did go to Rugby Park later in 2011 (the following season) and we lost 1-0. I think that was the first time we lost there in the league since the early 90's. Before that I was there in (2009?) and we drew 0-0. Not had much joy considering it's a stadium we always win at. :)

Aye Pasca scored a backwards header.

Time before that was last game at the old Rugby Park, we won 1-0 with a Tam Black free kick - scenes when that went in.

We've won 6 times at Ibrox in that time though.

I can see big Josh having a huge influence in this game, (sniggers from Rangers fans). But the type of player he has become, their defenders won't have played against very often. He'll be bigger, stronger and more of a nuisance than most.

If Rangers let their full backs bomb forward and wee Kiltie or Higgy manage to get decent crosses in then Josher could cause serious problems. I think it'll be fairly tight.

Having said all this, our outcome will be determined more by Lockeinho than anything Rangers can do and this will probably be our downfall much as it was when AJ was in charge last time.

I can see big Josh having a huge influence in this game, (sniggers from Rangers fans). But the type of player he has become, their defenders won't have played against very often. He'll be bigger, stronger and more of a nuisance than most.

If Rangers let their full backs bomb forward and wee Kiltie or Higgy manage to get decent crosses in then Josher could cause serious problems. I think it'll be fairly tight.

Having said all this, our outcome will be determined more by Lockeinho than anything Rangers can do and this will probably be our downfall much as it was when AJ was in charge last time.

The big thing that let us down against Rangers last season was that we turned up on the day looking to stand off them, looking frightened. Every time we tried to play it forward we resorted to giving it to Tope on the wing and he would run a few yards and then get cornered in by Rangers players and lose possession, or we'd hoof it long and they'd clear it. Also, our defensive performance on the day was a case of "I'll just let someone else deal with this" all over the park.

If that kind of attitude can be avoided this time around and the attitude shown in the games against Celtic, Hearts, Inverness at home and Dundee & Accies away where everyone works from first whistle to last then the sheer effort can make up for any potential difference in class* or at least difference in league form.

*Not that I think Rangers are necessarily a class apart from us in terms of quality in all areas of the pitch, but their fullbacks, wingers and strikers can hurt us if they're allowed to play their usual game at home, exactly like we allowed them to last season. Getting in their faces and never giving up like the two Celtic games is the key.

That's our weakness. Perm any two from Ball, Kiernan and Wilson and you can knock them over with a stocking full of diarrhoea.

I know our gaffer's philosophy is to play a pressing game and focus on attack and I sympathise with that. In the league it's been effective. I just find it odd not to have a Rangers team without a 'blood and snotters' centre half to put a bit of stick about.

Archived