Montrose v Clyde

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to win most games! At least your looking the right way at the table. I'm still looking down the way.

Still we are fighting into some semblance of form as players return. Getting 3 points to start isolating the bottom of the table from ourselves is the target.

You need to win most games! At least your looking the right way at the table. I'm still looking down the way.

Still we are fighting into some semblance of form as players return. Getting 3 points to start isolating the bottom of the table from ourselves is the target.

Don't think we're anywhere near as bad as the likes of shire or Berwick. The margin for error a bit less with not winning games maybe a better way to put my point across!

I worry about the defence without matty allan; seems to have been a strong performer for us. Clyde seem to be doing well this year too. Struggle to see us taking any points here.

Pascazio can play centre back and now Steeves is back we should be OK. Steeves has a helluva good game at QP last Saturday and is a big player for us. Harwood can go to RB. Webster will be back to replace suspended Masson and with Comrie and Ferguson there I think we will be Ok there too. Mallagarey I'm not sure about, certainly didn't like the snow last Saturday. Up front though we should be more competitive now Templeman has signed. Even if he isn't as mobile as he used to be his height will be useful and the speedy Fraser playing off him I can't wait to see. Not out of the woods yet but heading in the right direction.

Think we can forget about Watson, McCord and Allan for the rest of this season. Watson has an ongoing problem whilst McCord and Allan are to be operated on soon and won't be rushed back.

We've at last pulled out of the awful tailspin we got stuck in at the back end of last year.

If Templeman is fit I am looking forward to seeing him play. If not, then we still should have enough about us to be competitive.

Clyde being inactive recently cuts both ways; either they will be sluggish and rusty, or really fired up to get going again after frustrating postponements. Dont think it will be a big factor.

For us, although we have turned a corner, we have to keep pushing on now. Both Berwick and Shire have games in hand of us and we need to ensure our safety as soon as possible. I was encouraged by the display from last week's highlights at Hampden.

The league is so tight that the team finishing bottom could do so with a record high number of points this year. I think 40 points will be required to be absolutely certain of safety; for us, that means six more wins in the remaining fifteen games, as a minimum target.

Archived