Bolton

HTG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand corrected. Thought i had read they had never been relegated up until that point.

You may well have done - but you shouldn't believe everything you read (this thread being a prime example!). :lol:

The bit that baffles me is that articles refer to Bolton's 300 staff. Even if they had 150 players, what positions do the other 150 employees hold, at a bottom Championship club, that makes them indispensible despite the obvious urgent need to cut costs.

The Reebok is a pretty big stadium....a lot of people fail to understand how complex an operation large stadia are and how many staff are required to run the non football side of things from front of house maintenance it marketing pitch maintenance finance hospitality h&s legal dept etc.....the days of it being a board two groundsmen n a few turnstile operators are long past....hence why so many sevco fans don't understand why their company / club keeps losing money.....it takes millions if not tens of millions pa just for stadium operations never mind football staff

Have Wolves been mentioned they went top division to bottom, so have Carlisle.

Eta, I see Carlisle mentioned earlier.

Stockport must have the biggest drop, other than teams reforming or getting bumped for financial jiggery pokery.

I'm not sure what the criteria now is for including teams who have played in all 4 divisions, including the Premier but excluding the old Division One.

Have they had to have played in all four divisions since the commencement of the Premier League, or have they had to play in all four divisions (at some time) but including the Premier League?

Carlisle United, Northampton Town and Barnsley have also played in all 4 divisions, but not the Premier. As, indeed, have Bradford Park Avenue, Grimsby Town and Brentford.

Wolves, and the 2 Sheffield sides have also played in all 4 divisions and Huddersfield Town.

Voila.

How have I managed to quote a post that's not even there? It's there now.

The Reebok is a pretty big stadium....a lot of people fail to understand how complex an operation large stadia are and how many staff are required to run the non football side of things from front of house maintenance it marketing pitch maintenance finance hospitality h&s legal dept etc.....the days of it being a board two groundsmen n a few turnstile operators are long past....hence why so many sevco fans don't understand why their company / club keeps losing money.....it takes millions if not tens of millions pa just for stadium operations never mind football staff

Please learn how to punctuate.

Cheers.

Nonsense. They don't need that many staff to run the stadium and club

Even if all of those depts had 10 people that's still only 90 people. That seems excessive for a successful club, never mind one on its financial knees.

I guess this will become the norm for more and more teams that gamble everything on premier league mediocrity - once they go down they will spiral out of control.

Swansea City. Though they have done it the right watched by working their way up the leagues. I think they also almost got relegated to the conference while in 4th tier.

EDIT.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Swansea_City_A.F.C._seasons they spent a few years in bottoni tier. Finishing 2 1st and 20th in 2 of those seasons.

I was at the game where Swansea needed to beat Hull to stay up, at the Vetch.

One of the most incredible atmospheres at a game I've ever been at. It looked dodgy up to the hour mark but then a James Thomas hat trick saw the Swans through. Some night afterwards as well.

Pretty sure you can add Hull to the list as well.

Which list? The teams who have played in all 4 divisions since the Premier League was set up, the teams who have played in all 4 divisions ever or the teams with 300 of a staff?

Archived