For far vs Stenhousemuir

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will have our shit together by then and be well clear of the relegation play offs , there's a good team in there somewhere

I need stronger specs, binoculars, or maybe even some form of telescope. Sorry if that sounds defeatist but the stats don't lie. Losing Big Rab and Sanny has compounded our problems 'off the park' IMO...

I thought initially that Stenny did a classic 'smash and grab' but the reality is they had a game plan, defended well, grabbed the important goal and 3 points. It's not alien at this level, we have done this many a time during the Campbell era and it's far from pretty.

Anyway, we are in a very serious position league wise and yes the new management team need some time to settle in. We did play some decent football in patches so fingers crossed.

A game we had to win? We are not that far behind with still 16 games to go and a game in hand over some other teams immediately above us.

As for Swankie, I've been saying he's been a passenger for months but the last 2 games he's put a shift in and we have looked all the better for it. Do you think he had a bad game yesterday? Do you think we didn't show improvement compared to recent games?

And yes, he is not captain material.

What I meant was we MUST win our HOME GAMES against other part time clubs to have a hope of avoiding automatic relegation. We have all done the maths:- 16 games to go X 3 = 48 add to our 18 = 66 points! The reality is since we lost to Stranraer on 26/09 at HOME we have drawn 1 and LOST 6 of our HOME GAMES. Where are the points to come from? A look at our leading scorers in the league shows DannyD on5 with Yano and Kerr Hay on 4. I think Gavin has 2 but the table I looked at stops at 4. In reply to your questions I,d say Yes and Only slight!

Archived