Aberdeen v Celtic - 03/02/16

Taken from Daily records man by man ratings:

Graeme Shinnie: Former Inverness Caley Thitstle man was right up for this and low cross held by Craig Gordon in second half. 7

Ignoring the spelling mistake, Shinnie was absolutely brilliant throughout defensively but is their only comment really that he had a cross that was held by Gordon?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be betting 2-1 to the Dons. Hayes first scorer.

115/1.

Not putting my mortgage on it though.

Suspect Device did say he put on 2-1 Aberdeen Hayes first goal scorer

Only a quid though. Still made a great night even better.

And I got a card for 10% off at brewdog and when I popped into the Cults hotel for a wee drink on my way home the owner paid for it.

All in all a most pleasant evening.

:thumsup2

Celtic went to bits when we got our second goal, and we could have scored a couple more in the second half. They just didn't know what to do when they went behind. I don't think teams are scared of Celtic any more and I can see them losing more games. We just need to make sure we don't start dropping stupid points and we are in with a chance. Long way to go still.

There are several players in that Dons team that would get in to the current Celtic team, and there are several in the Celtic team that wouldn't get in to Aberdeen's.

Taken from Daily records man by man ratings:

Graeme Shinnie:[/size] Former Inverness Caley Thitstle man was right up for this and low cross held by Craig Gordon in second half. 7[/size]

Ignoring the spelling mistake, Shinnie was absolutely brilliant throughout defensively but is their only comment really that he had a cross that was held by Gordon?

The record player ratings bit is a joke. How can you some up players with one line?

suppose you could just write pish for all Celtic players

What a fucking night, from start to finish, the ground was rocking and everyone was up for it.

For the first half hour, I felt like we didn't really get going, and yet for all the possession Celtic had, they created the square root of zero danger with it. Once Hayes scored his rasper, we were in control of the match, and McInnes got his tactics spot on. Playing McGinn and Hayes on their "wrong" sides works against Celtic, with Hayes covering the more suspect Logan and McGinn not having to worry too much with Shinnie solid behind him. Additionally, the spell with two up front really rattled Sviatchenko, who looks extremely suspect under a high ball.

A number of good performers - Shinnie, Hayes, Church, but man of the match for me was young Craig Storie. Took him 20 minutes to get up to the speed of the game, but after that, he took very good care of Brown and Bitton, and truthfully a number of times made them look very poor. Storie's composure on the ball belies his years, and McLean beside him creates a very good balance between rough and ready tackler and deep lying playmaker. When Jack and Flood return, they should not automatically regain their places. Storie has been superb.

As for Celtic, a team lacking quality, heart, fight and backbone. And a team of individuals with no collective spirit. The best defender by a mile was young Tierney, the other three were dire. Brown and Bitton are very nice on the ball but there's no penetration or forward thinking in their passing. The three behind the striker were all anonymous, while Griffiths went into moan mode. That's not a Celtic team. Thank god for Deila. The fans are so apathetic without their bigot brothers across the city that they showed no anger or frustration, just meekly accepted defeat.

As for Steven McLean, he's up there with Alan Muir as the most incompetent referee. The Rooney non penalty defied belief totally. And 5 yards away from the Kazim Richards stamp, somehow deems a caution suffice. A display of total incompetence and shitebaggery. Pathetic referee.

Pleasing night all in.

You pished your breeks shull?

At least when Aberdeen lose the title race (BOTTLE it) they will console themselves with the fact that they were less shite than last year.

Aberdeen played Celtic last night, and one team certainly BOTTLED it.

is winning it by 10 points enough for Delia to stay

No. I can accept defeat but it's the manner of the defeat. What's the use in having most of the ball and not having the desire to push on and test the opposition keeper.

We have some very good players but we're not getting the best out of them & that is down to the manager. He can't change anything during a game either. This isn't the Celtic I know...my club would fight until the end but I say there last night and when it hit the 75th min mark, I knew the game was lost. The Celtic teams of old would've kept me believing we could not only avoid defeat, but that we could still win.

Love it....Aberdeen fans on slating the ref after winning.

I did that with a Celtic game a few weeks ago and they slated me for having a go at the ref despite winning. Yet another case of them showing themselves up as hypocritical wankers!

No. I can accept defeat but it's the manner of the defeat. What's the use in having most of the ball and not having the desire to push on and test the opposition keeper.

We have some very good players but we're not getting the best out of them & that is down to the manager. He can't change anything during a game either. This isn't the Celtic I know...my club would fight until the end but I say there last night and when it hit the 75th min mark, I knew the game was lost. The Celtic teams of old would've kept me believing we could not only avoid defeat, but that we could still win.

You obviously don't remember the late 80's early 90's much then!

I did that with a Celtic game a few weeks ago and they slated me for having a go at the ref despite winning. Yet another case of them showing themselves up as hypocritical wankers!

hahaha give up min, move onto your next match thread

Always the victims :lol:

Victim?? What crap are you spouting? I offer an assessment on the game in which I'm critical of my team and making an observation on the play...& you come back with that? Have you ever got anything decent to contribute or do you just troll the site waiting for Celtic fans to make comments so you can spout crap?

Serious question because if so, please ignore me as I'm looking to get some decent football debate instead of childish banter.

The '2 Andy Gorams' song springs to mind here.

My these grapes are sour...

Archived