Aberdeen v Celtic - 03/02/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously don't remember the late 80's early 90's much then!

I do remember it well & we were actually famous for our comebacks in the late 80's. Early 90's we were poor but at least we kept going until the end. The current lot go through the motions far too often.

No. I can accept defeat but it's the manner of the defeat. What's the use in having most of the ball and not having the desire to push on and test the opposition keeper.

We have some very good players but we're not getting the best out of them & that is down to the manager. He can't change anything during a game either. This isn't the Celtic I know...my club would fight until the end but I say there last night and when it hit the 75th min mark, I knew the game was lost. The Celtic teams of old would've kept me believing we could not only avoid defeat, but that we could still win.

Most of the ball?? Which game was this in?

Your delicious tears sustain me. More please.

TBF, if we had 55% of the ball I'd be fucking livid we didn't win as well.

TBH mate, I'm not livid about not winning. It's the nature of the defeat that annoyed me. Aberdeen to their credit were up for the game and kept wanting to attack. We wanted to walk the ball into the net. No urgency, no passion.

We didn't ask a lot of questions of Aberdeen. 3 shots on target for 90 mins is piss poor for a team renowned for it's attacking play. To make it worse, Aberdeen only managed 4 shots on target and scored 2 of them.

TBH mate, I'm not livid about not winning. It's the nature of the defeat that annoyed me. Aberdeen to their credit were up for the game and kept wanting to attack. We wanted to walk the ball into the net. No urgency, no passion.

We didn't ask a lot of questions of Aberdeen. 3 shots on target for 90 mins is piss poor for a team renowned for it's attacking play. To make it worse, Aberdeen only managed 4 shots on target and scored 2 of them.

You didn't got your fullbacks involved at all when going forward, which made sitting back and defending rather comfortable. You need a much more mobile right back and Tierney needs to improve his attacking game in games like that.

Tbf it's a constructive response.

Perhaps Celtic should move to EPL. Then your club can rekindle their passion for football again instead of continuously belittling Scottish football.

Your manager is shite as well

You didn't got your fullbacks involved at all when going forward, which made sitting back and defending rather comfortable. You need a much more mobile right back and Tierney needs to improve his attacking game in games like that.

I thought it was mainly in the middle of the park we looked lazy. Against Ross County we put countless crosses into the box but seldom get anyone on the end of it....dunno if that's because their poor crosses or if the ones in the middle have poor anticipation & awareness.

We did the same sometimes last night although there was less crosses than in the County game.

I thought Hayes was superb last night and when he's on his game, Aberdeen have that extra edge to their play. We didn't do enough to keep him quiet.

Tbf it's a constructive response.

Perhaps Celtic should move to EPL. Then your club can rekindle their passion for football again instead of continuously belittling Scottish football.

Your manager is shite as well

I don't think we belittle Scottish football. Yes John Collins said what he said....& while I think JC is an absolute tool of a man, and think he shouldn't have said what he did, the facts do back up his comment. If this season we lose the league or win it by any less than 10pts, then Collins will be proved wrong. Until then though...

I don't think we belittle Scottish football. Yes John Collins said what he said....& while I think JC is an absolute tool of a man, and think he shouldn't have said what he did, the facts do back up his comment. If this season we lose the league or win it by any less than 10pts, then Collins will be proved wrong. Until then though...

The facts back him up? That scottish teams aren't quick enough or clever enough to hurt Celtic?

Superb performance all round after the first thirty minutes. Outstanding form from Shinnie, Storie (who I didn't want to start), Taylor and Hayes. The result gives us a chance, no more, but a chance all the same. I like the 'Off The Ball' philosophy that a supporter is only allowed to have a go at the referee if his team wins, so here goes. Scott Brown is undoubtedly refereed differently to every other footballer in the country. Early in the match he takes two players out within around 30 seconds and escapes a booking. That would not have happened to anyone else. I am presuming that Steven McLean saw Kazim-Richards stamp on Ash Taylor, so why only a yellow card? Then Rooney has Boyata around his neck and then Sviatchenko takes him down in the box within a second of each other, and no foul or penalty or red card. Unbelievable!

The facts back him up? That scottish teams aren't quick enough or clever enough to hurt Celtic?

He obviously meant on a regular basis. Now given we won the league by a massive 17pts last season.

29pts in 2013/14

You'd have to be daft to argue with his point. Whether he should have said it or not is for everyone else to decide, but you really can't argue with what he said based on the facts. If Aberdeen though can push us all the way and win the league or make us win it by less than 10pts, they can ram his words down his throat....but based on the recent history, he's correct in what he says.

Superb performance all round after the first thirty minutes. Outstanding form from Shinnie, Storie (who I didn't want to start), Taylor and Hayes. The result gives us a chance, no more, but a chance all the same. I like the 'Off The Ball' philosophy that a supporter is only allowed to have a go at the referee if his team wins, so here goes. Scott Brown is undoubtedly refereed differently to every other footballer in the country. Early in the match he takes two players out within around 30 seconds and escapes a booking. That would not have happened to anyone else. I am presuming that Steven McLean saw Kazim-Richards stamp on Ash Taylor, so why only a yellow card? Then Rooney has Boyata around his neck and then Sviatchenko takes him down in the box within a second of each other, and no foul or penalty or red card. Unbelievable!

Stop crying. Broonies early fouls where minor and happens all the time so to say that it wouldn't happen to anyone else is nonsense. I see it week in week out with opposition players.

Yes Kazim-Richards should've been shown red & the guy is obviously a complete moron. No idea why the ref deemed it a yellow.

Celtic should also have had a penalty in the game last night too when Broony got caught.

He obviously meant on a regular basis. Now given we won the league by a massive 17pts last season.

29pts in 2013/14

You'd have to be daft to argue with his point. Whether he should have said it or not is for everyone else to decide, but you really can't argue with what he said based on the facts. If Aberdeen though can push us all the way and win the league or make us win it by less than 10pts, they can ram his words down his throat....but based on the recent history, he's correct in what he says.

"It's something that doesn't happen to us in Scotland. No disrespect to the other Scottish teams, but they're not clever enough players or quick enough thinkers to punish us."

The facts do not back that up. If he had said teams we play against in Europe are better than the competition in Scotland then he would be spot on, but it would also be consistent with the vast majority of teams stepping up from domestic football to european football.

Archived