DFC v DFC 6th Feb

microdave

Cawley will be too lightweight for this, Gallagher although not a winger,is slightly better defensively, which will probably be needed more,

Ewings

Saunders. Barr. Wright. Docherty.

Gallagher. Routledge. Lindsay. Walsh.

Fleming.

Nade.

Surely Taggart is a better option than Gall on the Right?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say so as well. Gal should be used only in central midfield - either attacking or defensively - I don't mind - but seeing him on the wing is frustrating as he just isn't suited to it at all. Taggart is used to being on the wing, beating his man and is a decent crosser of the ball so I think he'd do a decent job there.

Or we could start Kler Low Eh Hmoo Heh, because, erm, him and Nade would be the most foreign players we've had in a starting lineup since May 2012.

I'll be surprised if there's any changes to the 11 given the last couple of results. Would certainly be unfair on the defence if Barr was shoehorned back in.

Only possible change I can see is Nade in for either Cawley or Gal, with Fleming falling back into midfield.

NEARLY two years down the line, Paul McGinn still remembers the last time he played in a Scottish Cup tie involving Dumbarton.

Truth be told, it's difficult for the Dundee defender to forget.

In his mind's eye, he's back on the pitch at Pittodrie, meeting Garry Fleming's cross in injury time and watching his header bounce agonisingly over the bar.

As a result of that chance, and Adam Rooney's earlier goal, Sons were knocked out 1-0 by Aberdeen at the quarter final stage in March 2014.

Paul signed for Dundee three months later after starring with Dumbarton, and Saturday sees him return to the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium for the first time since.

He'd love to have another crack at the last eight of the William Hill Scottish Cup – but there's a catch. If he's to do that, Sons will have to be the ones who suffer.

While Paul is looking forward to his return to Dumbarton, there will be one familiar face missing – that of the club's chief executive Gilbert Lawrie, who passed away last month.

Paul said: “I'm excited about the game. It will be good to go back to Dumbarton as I've good memories of my time there.

“But it will be sad not to see Gilbert, as he was always brilliant with me during my time with the club.

“I know how tough the game will be, as the Dumbarton teams I played in fancied their chances against anybody who came to the ground.

“I have some good friends from those teams who are still with the club, and I know how well they can play, so we will need to be on our toes.

“The Sons players and fans will have good memories of the day at Aberdeen. That late chance still gets to me a bit but overall Dumbarton played really well and ran the Dons close.

“Of course it would be my goal to reach the quarter-finals again on Saturday, but on the other side of the coin, they will also be wanting to achieve that.”

Paul won't be the only one heading to the Rock mindful of what a difficult task lies in store for Dundee.

Dens Park strike duo Kane Hemmings and Greg Stewart have already experienced a Scottish Cup exit at Dumbarton, losing 2-1 with Cowdenbeath in November 2013.

And later that season, Dee keeper Scott Bain picked the ball out of the net four times at the Rock when he was playing for Alloa.

But Paul, who has impressed since his move to Dens Park, insists that every player in a dark blue jersey will be up for the battle ahead.

He added: “Even though the boys haven't played at Dumbarton for some time, they know how hard it will be. Sometimes the conditions aren't great and we know it will be difficult.

“Dundee has been a good move for me. Last season we finished top six when I don't think many fancied us to do that.

“This season it's maybe been a bit slower but I've been pleased with how I've played and I'm enjoying it. In a league where everybody's beating everybody else, we're aiming for the top six again.”

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2285

Nade can't play as he was listed as a substitute for Hamilton in the last round? Even though he was unused j still don't think he can play for Dumbarton.

Rule 14

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1454427313.377624.jpg

Skyline Drifter seems to think the rules were changed this year meaning that as he was an unused sub he can still play in the cup.

Probably aye, I'm not clued up on this kind of shite.

Nor am I, that's mainly why I just took his word for it.

What's Helmet Hartley's job security like at the moment? His "heads gone" interview about Pat Nevin the other week was hilarious. Would a defeat here be cause for giving him the sack? We've already had a total of 3 managers (I think) either be sacked or resign after defeats to us this season, Hartley making it number 4 (and his 2nd in 3 years) would be lovely.

Those rules posted by Moo are years out of date. It refers on there to the need to have two u21's on the bench and that hasn't been the case for about 4 years. Given the DoB of Jan 89 referred to I think those are the 2011 rules.

Rule 14 currently includes:

"The players in a team may be changed from match to match, but a club may not play, or list as a named substitute, any player who, in the same season, has already played (as one of the 11 first-named players or as a fielded substitute), for another club in the Competition."

This is new wording for this year and basically says you only get "cup tied" by getting on the pitch not by being unused.

Those rules posted by Moo are years out of date. It refers on there to the need to have two u21's on the bench and that hasn't been the case for about 4 years. Given the DoB of Jan 89 referred to I think those are the 2011 rules.

Rule 14 currently includes:

"The players in a team may be changed from match to match, but a club may not play, or list as a named substitute, any player who, in the same season, has already played (as one of the 11 first-named players or as a fielded substitute), for another club in the Competition."

This is new wording for this year and basically says you only get "cup tied" by getting on the pitch not by being unused.

Great news we will see nade play (if selected). Just hope he doesn't disappoint like stevie Craig.

taggart is just getting back to fitness, and I'd say more a right back than right mid, although he does bomb forward, Gallagher has performed solidly, and would probably be unfair to leave him out, maybe swap them later in the second half, but I'd start Gallagher

Why did you tits give Sevco 900 tickets, yet Dundee only 750 - despite them selling out within a day.

It's not even the Hearts situation where you'll fill out the rest of the ground. Give us an extra 300 tickets and maximise profits you diddies.

I would have went to hospitality but you c***s would have taken the full profit, which is probably why you gave us 750 in the first place.

f**k Dumbarton. I hope we pump you p***ks.

You want us to maximise our profits but you don't want to go to hospitality because it's likely we'd be maximising our profits?

Might want to email the club mate, there's not much us "diddies" can do for you on here other than laugh at the utter state a grown man is getting himself into over a 5th round cup tie.

Why did you tits give Sevco 900 tickets, yet Dundee only 750 - despite them selling out within a day.

It's not even the Hearts situation where you'll fill out the rest of the ground. Give us an extra 300 tickets and maximise profits you diddies.

I would have went to hospitality but you c***s would have taken the full profit, which is probably why you gave us 750 in the first place.

:lol:

I should add, Rangers got 750 tickets the same as Dundee, 150 gets kept for hospitality which I've heard is sold out hence why no more tickets have been released to Dundee. The difference is that Rangers aren't teuchtars and as such can walk in and buy a home end ticket without any suspicion.

We're not all old men on here.

Gate money is split, hospitality isn't.

Thank you.

If it were that easy I'd have no doubt that the club would release the full 900 tickets to Dundee and have the hospitality taking up 150 seats in the home end, which we likely won't sell out. I can only assume that's not viable.

taggart is just getting back to fitness, and I'd say more a right back than right mid, although he does bomb forward, Gallagher has performed solidly, and would probably be unfair to leave him out, maybe swap them later in the second half, but I'd start Gallagher

To be completely honest, with the exception of the cup game vs Morton at the start of the season and the Queens game a few weeks back I think Gall has been very disappointing. He was very poor on Saturday (likewise for Cawley) so wouldn't be fussed at both dropping out.

Genuinely enraged by your diddy outfit.

That's not very inkeeping with the spirit of this thread thus far.

To be completely honest, with the exception of the cup game vs Morton at the start of the season and the Queens game a few weeks back I think Gall has been very disappointing. He was very poor on Saturday (likewise for Cawley) so wouldn't be fussed at both dropping out.

I'd agree, he runs about a lot, but actually contributes little, compare him to Routledge or Lindsay and you'll notice a massive difference.

Also he unfollowed me on Twitter a few months back. Internally I've taken this like 'Jacksons Guarantee' not managing to get a ticket for a fifth round Scottish Cup match.

I like Gallagher. He's not spectacular but he's another who doesn't hide and will give everything he has. I'd rather have him in the squad than folk like Kirkpatrick. I also thought he was excellent in our first game at St. Mirren, absolutely bossed it. It's no coincidence his best games have come at centre midfield and moving him to every other position on the park hasn't helped him.

Archived