DFC v DFC 6th Feb

microdave

If the wind is anything like the last few days we could be entertained by hawf cut Dundee fans being launched over the top of the stand like wee clay pigeons.

Some of the boys planning on it wouldn't need the wind, they'd more than likely dive head first off it for a laugh.

Frazer Wright would probably header them back up tbh

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the wind is anything like the last few days we could be entertained by hawf cut Dundee fans being launched over the top of the stand like wee clay pigeons.

We are all built like tanks, m8. It would take more than a shitey wee gale force gust to move us.

We are all built like tanks, m8. It would take more than a shitey wee gale force gust to move us.

^^^ clearly never experience a real mans, West Dunbartonshire gale.

None of this Dundee nonsense that measures similar to a wet fart on the gale scale. This is the kind of wind that wipes the baws clean off ye.

^^^ clearly never experience a real mans, West Dunbartonshire gale.

None of this Dundee nonsense that measures similar to a wet fart on the gale scale. This is the kind of wind that wipes the baws clean off ye.

I imagine you've typed that in a very high voice.

If the set up is anything like our all ticket matches this season then you won't get down Castle Road without a ticket. Polis set up a barrier and only let through folk with tickets/folk who live there.

4571545356_d4f5f97c26_o.jpg

Two ticketless Dundee fans preparing to watch the game.

That's a common mistake to make but fully understandable.

You see us born in Dumbarton have solid big baws, specifically designed to withstand these manly gales. Our reinforced sacks provide extra protection against sudden gusts.

That explains why the Dumbarton wives prefer the normal shaped, immaculately waxed baws of Dundee fans for sooking and fondling tbh.

That explains why the Dumbarton wives prefer the normal shaped, immaculately waxed baws of Dundee fans for sooking and fondling tbh.

It makes sense. Having such large, testosterone filled testicles encased within a reinforced sack can often get in the way and make your penis look smaller.

You should see us all during rutting season, they get even bigger.

Is it possible to climb the rock to watch the game? Not even joking btw.

Na, the police tend to close Castle Road for all ticket matches. They would be all over it if they seen folk up the castle watching the game.

I'd normally encourage this sort of dangerous behaviour but I don't want to see any of you Dees wasting a journey through to the promised land to get told to go home by some wee jumped up polis fanny.

I know I'm a bit out of place here but why would Dumbarton build their stadium there if they couldn't ever expand or put a terrace anywhere else.

the initial plans were in place and a model was created including 4 stands, to be built in stages, but gradually the land around us has been sold off and housing built, then the council became a bit flippant about us being noisy neighbours and rejecting our applications for expansion, which in turn caused the club to apply for planning permission for housing themselves, so that if anyone wants to build where we are, they need to come up with a hell of a good offer.

Probably bang centre of Dumbarton, round riding road, 1/2 mile away approximately, but going back to the days where the original sons of the rock played under probably the most picturesque setting in Scottish football, if not the world.

Just a pity we have to move,

Just out of interest, where was Boghead in relation to the new ground?

About 2 miles (northish) east of the new ground. The Rock is much easier to find, for obvious reasons.

Looking forward to seeing big Nade in the white, black and gold. Him and Fleming up top will be a handful for anyone. Difficult decisions in defence for Aitken with 2 clean sheets in a row and some of his apparent favourites have not been part of it. I would like to see us line up:

Ewings

Saunders -- Barr -- Wright -- Docherty

Lindsay -- Routledge

Cawley -- Fleming -- Walsh

Nade

Jamie Ewings has been excellent the last two games and fully deserves his place, delighted that he's proven me wrong when he got his chance. Whilst Taggart is back fit and is probably better suited to right back, Saunders has been a solid player for us and is a goal threat at set pieces and should keep his spot. It may seem harsh that I've dropped Buchanan there and I wouldn't be against him starting here, I just think experience will be needed against Dundee and Barr was good up until his injury. We should know all about Hemmings and Stewart's threat, they've punished us plenty times in the past but it amazes me the amount of times you see players allowing Stewart to cut in on his left side - we simply cannot allow that.

It'll also be good to see McGinn back down the Rock, I just hope he doesn't have an absolute stormer of a game.

Archived