Ross County v Linlithgow Rose

Auld Heid

They would have everyone bar 1 person in their own half when we had possession. They were organised and we couldn't get around them, not enough about us. Parking the bus was not meant to be derogatory, just an organised side who did frustrate us-and quite rightly so.

Should have praised their keeper too for a terrific save from a Graham header in the first half.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linlithgow's second goal was one of the best I've seen in a long time at the GES!! Pure class. Just over 500 LR fans up!

Really like Graham/Schalk as a pairing, thought it was unfair to hook Franks too, he seemed to be getting some Joy down the right. Onwards and upwards and another 1/4 final to look forward too.

Was boyd the one the rose fans were shouting to shoot every time he got the ball ? Lol. Fair play to county players that went to the rose end and applauded us at final whistle.

Good luck county in nxt round, maybe even go to the final if you get there.

Yes well done big Quinn on this and a few others.

A small bet on the big guy for first goal have aided this post.

Good luck for rest of season County.

As usual, fans and management alike underestimated a team from a different league. Loved the Rose and their fans, all out football and going for it! From my point of view the first half was dire, early goal, relax, it's ours, bollocks... Second half we realised, at last, that we were in a game, took it seriously and got through. Glad for that but and hope all goes well for the Rose, I'd rather them in the leagues than some that have inhabited the lower reaches for decades - if you don't know who you are drop me a line...

As usual, fans and management alike underestimated a team from a different league. Loved the Rose and their fans, all out football and going for it! From my point of view the first half was dire, early goal, relax, it's ours, bollocks... Second half we realised, at last, that we were in a game, took it seriously and got through. Glad for that but and hope all goes well for the Rose, I'd rather them in the leagues than some that have inhabited the lower reaches for decades - if you don't know who you are drop me a line...

Cheers staggie. All the best for your season.

Big shout to your head of youth development - stevie, who was top class with the u13's who all enjoyed their day courtesy of your chairman. We didn't manage to play the match but stevie took a great training session for the squad instead.

Good club, great set up just a pity you didn't read the script for the result lol .

Cheers for a great day.

HTG

The difference in the game was the sharpness off the ball. County were well drilled as you would expect from a full time club.

But for me our sheer work rate matched this for large parts of the game. Slow start both halves were costly for us. No failures in maroon but for me Batchelor was the best player on the park.

The Mallard pre match was superb and Rosco - probably wishes he hadn't told all the Rose fans he was the mascot - top bloke.

Shout of the day "your only a shite Andy Carroll".

All the best County

They never parked the bus, just had 2 tight banks of 4 when we had possession. We should have the quality to pass round that, but gave it away far too much.

Boyd isn't good enough.

Thought number 6 and 7 were very good for LR.

Ref really messed up for the disallowed goal. Never said to wait for the whistle, then just after mcShane connected with the ball he blew. Didn't change the play, but had to reset the play.

Think some LR fans thought it was a foul from when they lost possession in midfield for the 4th goal, just showed too much of the ball and McShane nicked it.

Very good 2nd goal for LR

Watch the disallowed goal on the telly and listen for the whistle. Sound takes time to travel to the other end of the park. The whistle was early enough for Rose players to stop before the header. I was glad that was the case as we were struggling for height at set pieces against too many tall threats.

It was a great day out and worth the long trip. Now go and win the thing, County, so we can say we only lost to the eventual winners. Nearly happened with Queen of the South!

Amazing how it's 2200 when County need to give half the money to Linlithgow.

If this was Premiership they'd be claiming nearly 4000 in attendance.

Looks like a typical County crowd to me

7-0

Watch the disallowed goal on the telly and listen for the whistle. Sound takes time to travel to the other end of the park. The whistle was early enough for Rose players to stop before the header. I was glad that was the case as we were struggling for height at set pieces against too many tall threats.

It was a great day out and worth the long trip. Now go and win the thing, County, so we can say we only lost to the eventual winners. Nearly happened with Queen of the South!

I Did watch it just now, marker lost Quinn, bad call from ref, we did score within 1 min though.

Can't believe LR aren't strolling the league. All the best

Archived