Ross County v Linlithgow Rose

Auld Heid

Amazing how it's 2200 when County need to give half the money to Linlithgow.

If this was Premiership they'd be claiming nearly 4000 in attendance.

Looks like a typical County crowd to me

I'm pretty sure we're not trying to shortchange you, if we were I'd be first at Roy's house to sort it out. Ask your committee if there's a problem, but I doubt it. If it was premiership we might be claiming that every season ticket holder wa at the game but that doesn't get us any more money just more tickets for cup finals.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Did watch it just now, marker lost Quinn, bad call from ref, we did score within 1 min though.

Can't believe LR aren't strolling the league. All the best

We're too busy playin cup ties.

Standard of junior football is actually good. We may be one of the better teams but there's quite a few teams who could challenge.

I'm pretty sure we're not trying to shortchange you, if we were I'd be first at Roy's house to sort it out. Ask your committee if there's a problem, but I doubt it. If it was premiership we might be claiming that every season ticket holder wa at the game but that doesn't get us any more money just more tickets for cup finals.

Gaz is talking as a Falkirk fan. The crowd announced was bang on from what I could see. Would have been nice to have had a few more in but can't take away from the day and the run our boys have given us over 7 months in this competition.

Ref really messed up for the disallowed goal. Never said to wait for the whistle, then just after mcShane connected with the ball he blew. Didn't change the play, but had to reset the play.

That's not how it works. The free-kick can't be taken until the referee gives a signal - he doesn't need to tell them to wait for the whistle. You sometimes see quick free-kicks, but even in that case the referee has to give verbal permission or make some sort of physical signal to the player before he takes it.

I thought some of McShane's passing was sublime (with one or two shanks on a deteriorating pitch, including the loose pass that led to the throw in for Linlithgow to start their second goal). His set-pieces are cracking too. Really happy with how he's coming on.

I thought some of McShane's passing was sublime (with one or two shanks on a deteriorating pitch, including the loose pass that led to the throw in for Linlithgow to start their second goal). His set-pieces are cracking too. Really happy with how he's coming on.

Agree with this. He also seems to want to come and collect the ball from the defence a lot more than the other midfielders who are often reluctant to do so, will be interesting to see what MacIntyre goes for in midfield on Wednesday, stay the same as yesterday or bring woods back in?

Excuse me, I'm the captain of the McShane bandwagon.

Really enjoyed yesterday, even if we did get a bit of a scare. Rose deserve all the plaudits. There's nothing else to say really that hasn't been said about them elsewhere on this thread. Just an absolute credit to junior football, from the fans to the players and everything in between. Genuinely, well done. Will be looking out for your scores now.

Agree with this. He also seems to want to come and collect the ball from the defence a lot more than the other midfielders who are often reluctant to do so, will be interesting to see what MacIntyre goes for in midfield on Wednesday, stay the same as yesterday or bring woods back in?

Very early in the season McIntyre was demanding the centre-backs to step up, rather than have McShane or Irvine collect, so it's interesting to see the change in that. I'm quite happy with it, because McShane's passing is, more often than not, so crisp and accurate into the stride that it allows team-mates to think about taking a player on etc, rather than having to control a difficult ball first of all.

Very early in the season McIntyre was demanding the centre-backs to step up, rather than have McShane or Irvine collect, so it's interesting to see the change in that. I'm quite happy with it, because McShane's passing is, more often than not, so crisp and accurate into the stride that it allows team-mates to think about taking a player on etc, rather than having to control a difficult ball first of all.

I also think it's mainly a change for the better but maybe the change in tactics is having an impact on the defence and that's why we've been leaking so many goals? Probably a load of rubbish but it's just a thought and I find it hard to understand how defence has become so weak when before I was pretty comfortable with it. However with Quinn and Davies probably going to be our main partnership in the middle I'm hoping we'll improve in this aspect of the game.

Might go to this lads. Been to plenty of junior games before but only involving north region teams. Only team I've seen from the east or west was Hurlford last season when they bummed Clach 7-1 in Inverness.

Cao6Po0WIAEBbCt.jpg

This fixture always reminds me of the 2 occasions a Ross County fan has admitted to me that they take greater pleasure in seeing Inverness lose, than they do seeing Ross County win. I'm sure there are a few others on here like that.

Archived