Ross County v Linlithgow Rose

Auld Heid

Another tenuous link: the week before the vote which admitted ICT and County to the League, County won 4-0 at Forfar in the Scottish which probably did their votes no harm. Still got that on an old tape somewhere.....

And Ross County left to go to that game without any football boots. Only Bobby Wilson's connections at Dundee United (he got in contact with Jim McLean himself) allowed us to borrow some boots to fulfil the fixture. Brian Grant who scored a hat trick in that match had boots on two sizes too small. Forfar even voted for us after that demolition too, to show they were good sports.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shite draw, not in our opinion. Whatever happens its a great earner for the club and a chance to put junior football in the spotlight

Whose opinion is that?

I'm a long standing Rose fan who for the most part has nothing to add to the comments. I go to my local teams games almost religiously since the age of about 14. It's a bad draw because we most likely won't make it through. Would have preferred a home draw against anyone, not another marathon trip.

Whose opinion is that?

I'm a long standing Rose fan who for the most part has nothing to add to the comments. I go to my local teams games almost religiously since the age of about 14. It's a bad draw because we most likely won't make it through. Would have preferred a home draw against anyone, not another marathon trip.

You're further in the cup than you've ever been. There's no such thing as a bad draw in those circumstances.

I don't think it's a great draw. It's (another) trek and we'll struggle to win by more than the odd goal. I'd rather have had another winnable tie against something like Morton, Annan or whoever. An opportunity to miss a top flight team would have been dandy (I'd have made an exception for Hamilton as they're gash).

I don't think it's a great draw. It's (another) trek and we'll struggle to win by more than the odd goal. I'd rather have had another winnable tie against something like Morton, Annan or whoever. An opportunity to miss a top flight team would have been dandy (I'd have made an exception for Hamilton as they're gash).

Or Dundee United they're pretty bad!!

It's fair to say that's it's not the draw we wanted BUT every respect to Ross county's chairman. He's asked for teams from our community club to go up and play equivalent Ross teams before the match to strengthen our links. He's even offered to put on the travel for the kids !

If you're going to be at the game, forsake the last pint and get along early to support the kids in what is a brilliant gesture and opportunity for the kids.

Well done Roy, I dare say many others could take a leaf from your book.

HTG

It's fair to say that's it's not the draw we wanted BUT every respect to Ross county's chairman. He's asked for teams from our community club to go up and play equivalent Ross teams before the match to strengthen our links. He's even offered to put on the travel for the kids !

If you're going to be at the game, forsake the last pint and get along early to support the kids in what is a brilliant gesture and opportunity for the kids.

HTG

That's brilliant - excellent stuff from County. Kids will have a great day.

If this gesture is reflective of the chap then we could probably do a lot worse. Brilliant stuff encouraging the kids (and let's not be daft - bring their parents too .... ) to taste a big game close up and get onto a premier pitch instead of chucked off at half time oot the goals ....

Was thinking of taking in hospitality for this game and treat myself. Any Views on what it's like from the county fans , and what option to take ? Also if I take hospitality is it possible to sit in the Rose end for the game ?

HTG

Fantastic idea and gesture.

Was thinking of taking in hospitality for this game and treat myself. Any Views on what it's like from the county fans , and what option to take ? Also if I take hospitality is it possible to sit in the Rose end for the game ?

Lifted from their Facebook page:

"Ross County vs Linlithgow Rose

We have limited number of tables left for this game.

Enjoy a day out with the best Highland hospitality, supporting the Staggies as they progress into the 5th round of the William Hill Scottish Cup, on Saturday 6th February 2016 we have a delightful package available in our Victoria suite for only £480 plus vat for a table of 8, this includes

2 course Italian style buffet with fine wine

Half time fayre

Complimentary bar

Complimentary team lines

Pre and post Match analysis

Seats in the East Stand.

Please contact Lorraine Christie or Laura Mackie on 01349 860860 or email laura.mackie@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk"

I've seen something that says you can sit with the away fans. If table of 8 is too many just give her a bell - I can't see them knocking back business.

Archived