Rule query?

AyrshireBeanCoonter

Bit of a strange question but does anyone know what the rules are in relation to what happens with the match ball after a game? Do they state that the ref takes the ball back into the changing room after the game?

My club have landed in a bit of bother, which is linked to an incident with the match ball....would be helpful to know what the rules are!

Not sure how this can end u in bother in the amateur game. Certainly at senior level the match ball is taken back by the ref however at our level, being that balls are like other commodities and expensive, so if ur team is anything like mine they are rounded up like sheep at the end, then I don't see what the issue would be in putting it in the ball bag at the side of the park. Most refs would have common sense on the issue. Hope that helps.

Unless of course u skelped it off the refs head then I can see why u are in bother lol

Bit of a strange question but does anyone know what the rules are in relation to what happens with the match ball after a game? Do they state that the ref takes the ball back into the changing room after the game?

My club have landed in a bit of bother, which is linked to an incident with the match ball....would be helpful to know what the rules are!

There are no rules relating to the match officals retaining the ball. Some will do it out of courtesy

Generally if the match offical has asked for the ball before the game and has taken it from the changing rooms to the pitch then they should retain it at the end of the game and return it to the changing rooms again.

The match ball is like the nets and corner flags. The home team provide them and are responsible for removing them at the end

The ref took the ball into the changing room afterwards and our player went to get it off him in order to put it in our container. For some reason he would not give him it so our player knocked it out of his hands ....ref says that "he made contact with his hands" and our player is up at Hampden for assault!

I was hinking jim brown or hunter mate haha they 2 love being the centre of attention n a pair of confrontational p***ks, refs always want respect but the way them 2 speak to players is ridiculous surprised nobodys fucked one of them 2 before now

Its maybe worth mentioning that I have heard advise given to younger refs during their course that they should always get the match ball and take it into the changing room at the end of the game.

At youth football the match fee is split between the 2 teams, at amateur its the away team and at senior it the home team so the advice is take the ball at the end and dont give the match ball back until you get paid!

Irrespective of who shouild pay the ref's fee, the responsibility to make sure that he gets paid lies with the home team.

Again I dont want to be confrontational but why would the player want to "knock the ballout of the ref's hand" ? If he asks and the ref says no then any phsical contact is always going to end up in some kind of a misconduct report .

The ref was already paid beforehand. The boy is the keyholder for our container and had been rushing to get away....all equipment had already been put away apart from the ball. If there is a rule that states he has authority to keep hold of the ball then fair enough but even then surely common sense should prevail.

Archived