Future of EoS

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be an uncertain time for Haddington too if they get their licence soon. There was a comment before that they would be comfortable with going east of Scotland if they had to. if ormiston were going the other way they must have some doubts especially as all it would take is one better option then haddington applying for the lowland league for them to be consigned to the EoS

Must be an uncertain time for Haddington too if they get their licence soon. There was a comment before that they would be comfortable with going east of Scotland if they had to. if ormiston were going the other way they must have some doubts especially as all it would take is one better option then haddington applying for the lowland league for them to be consigned to the EoS

I have serious doubts whether the SFA would force Haddington to leave the SJFA in order to keep their licence.

There's a public footpath which is open at all times that runs down the side of coldstreams pitch and right through there enclosed area which will prohibit any sort of floodlights,does your ground need to be floodlit for the lowland league.Dont think there's any news on Kelso coming back anytime soon which is a shame.

Banks O'Dee (in the HFL/NCFL) or Linlithgow Rose for that matter either.

Linlithgow Rose got their license before the SFA said once you earn it you must show some sort of pyramid commitment,as for Banks they will be a SHFL club in the not too distant future,as soon as a Highland team is promoted to league 2,they will most certainly be invited in.

This is a thread about EoS not Lowland so don't know why your quoting Junior teams ?

Linlithgow Rose got their license before the SFA said once you earn it you must show some sort of pyramid commitment,as for Banks they will be a SHFL club in the not too distant future,as soon as a Highland team is promoted to league 2,they will most certainly be invited in.

Could somebody tell me if the east of Scotland league have come out and said anything about this or what the future holds? If these roumors are true, have any of these clubs put statements out to say there plans for next season?

Could somebody tell me if the east of Scotland league have come out and said anything about this or what the future holds? If these roumors are true, have any of these clubs put statements out to say there plans for next season?

Maybe a club rep who attends meetings would know if the EOS have discussed contingency plans, and the options they have available to them?

Never understand why these things are not openly discussed.

Taking a broader and longer-term view, the whole Senior/Junior and pyramid/non-pyramid divides should be resolved, IMO.

The clubs themselves have to sort this out. The SFA do not particularly want to impose a system on teams, particularly the Juniors. In an ideal world, and if Scottish football was to start up again, there would be one huge pyramid, as there is elsewhere. But we have this daft split of football into Junior / senior / juveniles etc etc, and even the SPFL youth system now has an artificial split.

Again,I'd have to say the clubs themselves have to be more proactive. From what I heard of the initial discussion on the pyramid, the SFA and SPFL don't have a great deal of interest in it. BUT...they want to be seen as progressive and they will listen to what the non-SPFL clubs want. And therein lies the problem. There is no concensus.

Taking a broader and longer-term view, the whole Senior/Junior and pyramid/non-pyramid divides should be resolved, IMO.

The clubs themselves have to sort this out. The SFA do not particularly want to impose a system on teams, particularly the Juniors. In an ideal world, and if Scottish football was to start up again, there would be one huge pyramid, as there is elsewhere. But we have this daft split of football into Junior / senior / juveniles etc etc, and even the SPFL youth system now has an artificial split.

Again,I'd have to say the clubs themselves have to be more proactive. From what I heard of the initial discussion on the pyramid, the SFA and SPFL don't have a great deal of interest in it. BUT...they want to be seen as progressive and they will listen to what the non-SPFL clubs want. And therein lies the problem. There is no concensus.

Regarding the question about Coldstream and floodlights, floodlights are not required for the Lowland League at this time as Selkirk don't have any but that is not to say they won't be a requirement in future and Coldstream may have trouble gaining permission for them. I had heard that some people involved at Kelso Utd were still keen to get a team going again but it's much easier to withdraw than to restart isn't it. Their pitch wouldn't meet the current EOS requirements if they were a new club seeking entry but I understand they are still EOS members and can get a team back in again as long as they do it within three years.

Archived