Morton vs Falkirk

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats Falkirks travelling support this season?

Surprised the club have opened up the WDE for you.

Expect about 400 tomorrow, last few performances have been poor and we don't have much to play for now. Took about 600 to most games this season apart from QOS. Quite surprised the WDE is open. Won't be surprised if it is closed when we turn up though.

we don't have much to play for now.

How about:

Jobs

Contracts

Win bonuses

Professional pride (well, maybe)

....... and the fact that Hibs are only five points ahead of you (albeit with a game in hand) and have plenty of time left where they could yet Hibs it up?

"Don't have much to play for" is a nonsense. We aren't that far behind Hibs if we can get our act back together.

You could also say that if we don't start picking up 3pts more often than not then we could be caught from those chasing us.

Re away support tomorrow. Id guess 500-600.

We have averaged 750 this season away from home, barring Ibrox.

We won't catch Hibs now. To catch them we will need to beat them at Easter Road at least and win at least 9 of our remaining games. Don't see that happening.

Well, having had to watch our "team" two seasons ago, when we had more than a few on the pitch who'd totally given up by this stage, all I can say is that if Houston and his players share your attitude then you'll be 100% right.

ETA - .......but I doubt that they do.

How about:

Jobs

Contracts

Win bonuses

Professional pride (well, maybe)

....... and the fact that Hibs are only five points ahead of you (albeit with a game in hand) and have plenty of time left where they could yet Hibs it up?

In the context of discussing their travelling support, he's quite right. Whilst nobody would expect their team to throw in the towel and consider third place a certainty, you can't have the same expectations for their fans to turn up in numbers for a game that in the grand scheme of things is unlikely to have much impact on their season.

Well, having had to watch our "team" two seasons ago, when we had more than a few on the pitch who'd totally given up by this stage, all I can say is that if Houston and his players share your attitude then you'll be 100% right.

ETA - .......but I doubt that they do.

I don't expect them to have the same attitude. They are professionals and will still want to win every match. I'm a fan and I'm being realistic by saying we probably won't catch Hibs but are much better than the teams behind us.

Before I get in the car is there any chance of this being called off??

No, groundsman has tweeted the pitch is absolutely fine and there's going to be no inspection. Rain is a lot lighter now as well so roads should be fine.

Archived