Copa America 2016

Eednud

What channel will it be on, wanted to watch the last one but could only get the Final on that Premier sport.

Eh? Full tournament was on Premier last year, they were even doing special package deals to catch the whole tournament on certain platforms (virgin for certain, not sure about others).

It is a one off move to 16 teams because it is to celebrate the centenary of the Copa America.

I think a few sides will play weakened teams to an extent. I remember last years tournament Mexico played players all based in Mexico.

Mexico almost always send an u-23 squad as they are a 'guest' invite and usually prioritise the Gold Cup which follows quickly afterwards.

Certainly in recent years they have sent a weakened/domestic based player team out but in the past have sent out strong sides like the one who got to the final here in Colombia.

I would not be surprised if Ecuador top their group beating Brazil since Ecuador have been playing very well lately and are the in-form team in South America and the fact Brazil wont bring a full squad I will doubt.

Ridiculous that they're being allowed to play 3 Copa Americas over a period of 5 years - 2 of them in 2 years - with 2, 6 & 2 invited teams respectively.

I'm not one to countenance the mopes 'n moans of clubs against international football, but that's OTT. Similarly the Africans should be told to stop with African Nations Cups every 2 years, it's excessive.

Archived